silver metallic lux ligne flap--pros and cons?

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I never felt the lux ligne (don't kill me, Swanky) but now I think I may have totally underestimated it. did that with the modern chain too and now I love it! but back to topic!
I am looking for a silver or bronze metallic bag for dressy nights...what do you think of the lux ligne flap? also does this bag wear well? do you have other suggestion?
I have three reissues so I am hoping to get another style vs another one of those...

metallic colors are only a passing fancy! I was obsessed with the bronze lux bowler and got over it thinking, this metallic trend isn't going to last no more than 2 seasons. i still love the bowler style though.

I saw the bronze and dark silver lux flap and bowler and they both are TDF especially the bronze flap with the coppery chain strap, so gorgeous. Such muted metallics-really lovely. I disagree about metallics just being a fad, I really think metallics, especially like these understated ones, are the "new neutrals" very wearable.

I have always loved the Luxe Ligne. I think you can't go wrong with the flap or the bowler. I posted a thread on my new dark silver bowler. The color is gorgeous on both the flap & the bowler. The pictures do not do the color justice. You should check it out Stac!

I agree that these muted metallics seem very neutral. I ADORE the Lux Ligne flap in the bronze/khaki. There is a new one on VIPStyles new picture thread that is GORGEOUS!!!

I agree that almost all of Chanel's metallics are in for the long haul.
They're not at all overdone or blingy.
The reason I thought the metallic may be a little more delicate is there's one on eBay that has a pristine interior but the outside edges are starting to wear she says. Maybe she was hard on it{?}
If you'd only carry it once in a while, or not everyday and were relatively easy on it, I bet it's fine.