Show us your COACH secondhand BARGAINS!!

There was a little white one that just ended, did you see it? I actually checked your thread to make sure you had the white, I was pretty sure you did, but I would have PM'd you if not. It went for a fairly decent price, 50ish? I had it on my list but I would have only bid on it if it stayed really low, because I don't need a white bag. I'd love to find that one in a cool color though.

I had my fingers crossed that no one found the Bridgit, and I'm the same way with this one little bag I'm looking at...and I swear I'm going to stop after this one!
Yeah, I've been very hesitant about posting deals on the vintage/almost vintage stuff. I did post a deal on a fob I knew people were looking for. There a very low BIN price. And, when I do see bags and I "Watch" them, I wonder who else is from TPF is "Watching."

There was a little white one that just ended, did you see it? I actually checked your thread to make sure you had the white, I was pretty sure you did, but I would have PM'd you if not. It went for a fairly decent price, 50ish? I had it on my list but I would have only bid on it if it stayed really low, because I don't need a white bag. I'd love to find that one in a cool color though.

I had my fingers crossed that no one found the Bridgit, and I'm the same way with this one little bag I'm looking at...and I swear I'm going to stop after this one!
The white one was what started it all for me. It was my very first vintage bag. I paid $40 for it. I paid the most for the orange one but that is the best color. I did the buy it now because I didn't want to take a chance on not getting it. The red one only cost $37.99. There was only one other bidder.

So, I thought I'd share my lil second hand story...I had to take my car to have the emissions tested today and the little "kiosk" is in the same parking lot as my local Goodwill. I figured, what the heck, you never know...and wandered in.

So I DID find a Coach bag! LOL...brown, with hangtags, priced at $9.99. I did a search here and eBay and came up with "Manor Bag". I carried around for awhile and looked at some other stuff. Finally I decided to put it back. If it had been less I might have grabbed it, but I don't really need any more brown bags, it's WAY too close to my Anderson zip size & stylewise. I figured someone else might take her home and love her. I almost wish I had a little "How to Wash & Rehab this bag" business card I could have left inside her. She was in good shape and would have looked great with a little dip, shaping and conditioning.

So I poked around a bit more and as I was heading out the door-literally on the end cap in front of the register...I find these guys:

d6f6b018.jpg

Louie Lobo Bobbleheads! He's the mascot from the University I graduated from and work at. They were $.99 so I picked up a dozen. :roflmfao:

I had been looking for one of these for years and mentioned to my friend that if she ever sees one, to let me know...so she bought one at auction and gave it to me for XMAS! I felt kind of bad texting her that I found a bunch for $.99 because who knows how much she spent on mine, but she also graduated/works at the university, and I knew she'd want to know...she asked me to grab a couple for her also.

My husband will get a kick out of this and since my kids will (hopefully, eventually) be getting their degrees there, I figure I've got homes for at least 6 or 7 of these babies. :smile: I have a friend in another office who I work closely with who will also probably end up with one of these for XMAS...so they were a bargain.

Since they are team mascots, they also know the COACH of the team so this is not totally off topic, right?

I love little Santas too and picked up this "like new" dude for $.99

67aa8f64.jpg
haha...love it! and wow, you have a lot more will power than I do...but I buy for both re-sell and for keeps, so it would have been doubly impossible to walk away from any Coach bag

Again, yay for badly listed items! I'm glad yours worked out. Of course, that's how I got my fake little Rambler's Legacy. I have to say when I pulled it out of the package I ooh'd at the nice soft leather, but it didn't hold up to scrutiny, it's not as well done as the Taft. I'll post it in the authenticate thread before I "deface" it, but the stitching issues alone are enough to condemn her, and there are a couple other questionable things about that bag. I now have a navy original Rambler and I'll keep the "little one" around for awhile to see if I need it. What finally convinced me not to trash it was a cute little picture of someone wearing one...darn it.

And I agree it hardly seems worth it to use such quality materials on a fake bag. I can see the profit potential in a fake siggy bag but some of these old leather styles can't make as much money. Of course they're saving a fortune on overhead, street corner vs luxury store.

And I truly did luck out on that kiss lock tote! When I saw how much she marked it down I had to re-read the entire listing, double check the seller didn't have other issues the first time around, and once I was satisfied, I swear my hands were shaking when I hit the BIN! What if someone else gets it before me! I :heart: that bag too!

And speaking of $79 deals, I don't know if any of you saw the used Amethyst Bridget on eBay? It was obviously used, but darn if wasn't the color I was looking for at a price I could justify. So I snagged it. I can't believe NO ONE else bid, I figured someone would sneak in a bid and at least raise it to the $80's somewhere. So I got it today and I really like it. It has hangtags, care card, and dustbag. There is a little wear on the piping which was disclosed, so used a little BlackRocks on just the back side to see how it looked, and it helped a lot:

Here's a comparison shot, the conditioned side is obviously on the right:

d3000a24.jpg

That's after it "soaked in" for a couple of hours. I'm very happy with it for the price I paid. So many times I end up settling for not quite the color I wanted when I pick up something like this, but this is my first choice. See how preeetty she is? :cool:

7531c5c6.jpg

I'm glad you got her...I actually had to almost smack my hand and not get her but I couldn't so soon after the Lily purchase. I wanted that Bridgit a LOT!! HAHA.... Hubby hit the roof on that one...argggg...he just DOES NOT GET IT!! sigh. glad you got her!!!

haha...love it! and wow, you have a lot more will power than I do...but I buy for both re-sell and for keeps, so it would have been doubly impossible to walk away from any Coach bag

I've been trying to NOT buy anything that I don't think I'll use. If I take inventory down the road and decide to sell some...well it's possible that will happen. But one of the reasons I put it back was that I couldn't see being able to ever sell that bag for more than $9.

Now, I might go back for more Louie Lobo and if it's still there, my will power may not be as good. :smile:

Oh duh, how the heck did I say "Manor"? I would have snatched up a Manor bag for $9. It was a "Worth" bag:

http://forum.purseblog.com/coach/id-coach-item-post-any-coach-item-name-355205-181.html#post17866474

Which is so much like my Anderson zip I just couldn't justify it.

I agree. Worth bags are not quite on peoples radars like Manor. It would have to be pretty pristine . I spent too much on mine at $12 but that's about the cheapest Ican find ANY coach bag around here these days. Thrift shops are ridiculous around here right now.

So yesterday I was doing some work in the back of the store (unusual for me i'm mostly out on the sales floor) and in the big box where they put all the clothes that arent going out (they call it salvage) right on top out of the corner of my eye I see bright orange leather and brass coach turnlock. I promptly took it out of salvage and made them price it and put it out today. So I went to work early and bought it. :smile: Here she is

Attachments

• Cashincoat1.JPG
    Cashincoat1.JPG
    130.9 KB · Views: 399
  • cashincoat2.JPG
    cashincoat2.JPG
    209 KB · Views: 361
  • cashincoat3.JPG
    cashincoat3.JPG
    209.7 KB · Views: 401
  • cashincoat4.JPG
    cashincoat4.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 406
  • cashincoat5.JPG
    cashincoat5.JPG
    135.2 KB · Views: 409
last picture.

No idea what the "in ann arbor Mary Dibble Hyutzel's" tag means. Brand? Not sure. Only sure about the Sills Bonnie Cashin tag.

Attachments

• cashincoat6.JPG
    cashincoat6.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 378