Should I keep it??

this bag looks fabulous on you................i love it! its modern and edgy and looks like it would stand up to wear and tear. Re: mothers and their opinions, believe me, getting over that obstacle is a total process,,,,it took me years and now I dont take seriously what she says, if i love the bag (or shoes or top, etc.) But our mothers have this powerful hold on us...i think that's universal between mothers and daughters and the older one gets, the more the hold loosens, but its always there. The bag is stunning. It looks amazing on you.

These are the pro's and con's of this bag in my opinion:

Pro's:
-The leather on the Les Marais bags is fabulous.
-The tote holds a lot.
-The pleating and the metal CC are gorgeous.

Con's:
-The bag is very expensive.
-The bag lacks hardware (e.g. the straps), so it has more of a casual look. I like to have a good amount of silver hardware on my Chanel bags.
-It is heavy.

Good luck with your decision!

-Stephanie

I think it looks cute on you! I tried it on over the weekend after seeing it on another PFer because it looked so cute on her, but unfortunately, I found the bag too big on me. I'm petite and I tried on the gold color, maybe it would have looked better in the black or brown on me, smaller or something. But if I were your height, I would definitely keep it! Looks great on you!

I'm also bothered about what my mum says (unfortunately). I didn't really like the bag in pics by itself but I gotta say it looks pretty great on you!

For something you're spending that kinda money on, you gotta love it. At the end of the day, it's YOUR opinion that counts and not anyone else's. Good luck w your decision! :P

I love the look of this bag, i REALLY like it. But I think it's a little on the large side. I wanted to get it after I saw a pic but then tried it on in the store and it totally covered me up. (and I'm used to wearing a vinyl cabas.) I think you CAN pull it off but if you keep thinking about your mom's opinion maybe take her to chanel with you and show her what the newer styles look like.

I love this bag and I love how it looks on you! But if you're not convinced, it should definitely go back. For that price tag, you should be totally in love and without any doubts:smile:

It isn't for me, and I can see why it might be thought of as a departure for the average Chanel lover, but with bags beauty is so often in the eye of the credit card bearing holder and I have never seen this bag IRL. If you love it, it isn't 'ugly' and I never say 'never' any more - a mere year ago I didn't own a single Chanel, can you imagine?! Seriously, we all need the confidence to celebrate what we love, and move on when our tastes change - imagine how dull this forum would be otherwise!

I love it, and I wish you would sell it to me LOL! I'm sure your mom did not mean to be insensitive, but it's a shame that her comment has caused you so much heartbreak.
It looks fabulous on you and I love the style and the fact that it does NOT have the same old boring chain strap and plain flap style. This bag is up-to-date and stylish.

KEEP IT!!

i had to come back to tell you that i saw someone carrying your tote today at saks and it was beautiful! i stood next to her (you might say i was stalking her a bit) to get a better perspective of the bag and it's not as bag as i first thought...esp since i was carrying a big bag myself (baby cabas)! LOL

Oh my goodness...thanks everyone for all your comments and suggestions, I really appreciate it, although I wouldn't have expected less from TPF'rs...:tpfrox::choochoo:
Right now I'm really thinking I'm going to keep it...I know some of you say that I must not love it if I'm doubtful...the thing is, I WASN'T...and if it had been ANYONE else other than my mom I would've simply said "It doesn't matter what you think...I Love it!!"...but anyways, like I said earlier, I'm giving myself a wk (about 5 days now) to try it on with different things like some of you suggested, and I'll make my final decision then. However, I do really, really like this bag, the leather is yummy....so we'll see. Thanks again to everyone for your interest, ldldb thanks for thinking of me and coming back to comment when you saw that lady in the store...made me laugh!!
Keep up the good work girls...love this forum!!!