~~ should i buy the birkin? (Please help)

I was offered a fuchsia 30 croc ph for about USD32k by a regional store around 3rd quarter of last year, granted I never asked whether it was nilo or poro & this was pre-price increase...but 52k is a huge mark-up to pay & you say this person is your friend...

^^ ITA on all the abovementioned warnings. I'm glad you came to this forum for advice beforehand. So many smart and experienced ladies here.

They're right. A SM who re-sells bags is a big no-no. Even SAs who re-sell bags have S stamps which have consequences for the value of the bag. H bags and all items are monitored strictly.

I saw a 25cm Fuschia diamond croc at the local H store a few weeks ago - it was about 96K USD. This handbag you're talking about is about 30K straight from H. 52K is more than half the price of a diamond croc. Someone is going to walk-off with a 22K profit.

Is this a good way to enjoy your first Birkin?

I have only gotten into H a few months ago and have received invaluable advice here.

Listen to the girls and guys here. They know what they're talking about - not all resellers have huge markups too. So many ways of getting a reasonably priced first Birkin.

1) Fly to Paris or many other European H stores
2) Get it from a reputable reseller
3) Get vintage

Sorry if I sounded harsh. Even if 52K is an easy amount for some to spend, it's better that it's spent with no regrets.

whats happening???
What did you decide....?

And was this woman REALLY a manager at H....I cannot believe it.
It is too heinous....maybe at a franchise store...but still. ACK!!

Even if you have that much money to spend on a bag...well, its the principle. It's a rip off, and tainted, IMHO.
It's one thing to get it form a legit reseller, becaue that is their business and they have overhead expenses, etc...

but this shady deal of which you speak....no no no.

it is outrages!!! please, if u wanna have one today u can buy it from reputable online stores such as creatures de luxe or luxwear and it be delivered to u in a matter of days...dont rush take time to think...i know how it is with people in your area..they can afford it and dont want to wait for it, with just one store in dubai for the whole middle east and 2 year waiting list of coz getting an easy bag sounds tempting...but maybe its better to find one u like without the pressure of committing to the offered bag in just 12 hours?! :smile:

Defo pass, even if you had the money burning a hole in your pocket, you will defo get a birkin cheaper and direct from the store. They are not that hard to find, dont let your longing further someone elses pleasure - the friend walks away with $25k!
I cannot understand why "FRIEND" would offer you a bag with such a high mark up. I would defo pass on the bag and good luck with what you decide.x