Should a dude wear a messenger bag?

Should a dude carry a messenger bag?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love messengers but they tend to aggravate my back. Someday I will probably buy a Chrome one and use it until I'm bent at a 90 degree angle because those bags are so sexy.

I'm a male college student and I currently use a backpack. Do you think it's a good idea to switch to a messenger bag? I've thought about it several times but I never actually bought a messenger bag. Should I buy a high end messenger bag like Dior Homme, Gucci, the canvas Juicy Couture, Jack Spade, Tumi, etc...or should I buy something low key like Puma or Timbuk2, Chrome, or something from Target?

Buy whatever you like! Buy 2 if you want!
Sorry if that's not helpful but women have sooooo many bags that why not? Go for it. The more the merrier:nuts:

Hi there, I'm in a similar position as the OP. I have a few questions.

-Isn't a backpack vastly superior in terms of comfort and back support than a messenger bag? I've heard stories of people getting back problems due to bags.

-How much should I spend on my first bag? Keep in mind I'll only use it occasionally, maybe 1-2 times per week max and I'm on a college student budget. It will probably be abused quiet a bit and it will need to be able to store my lunch(I commute) but will likely not need to carry a heavy load overall.

This was one I liked but a little pricey considering what I'd already spent this black friday.
http://www.ebags.com/lacoste/city_c...GFEED&color=Midnight Black&CAWELAID=429717906

Or should I just opt for this one, which recives a 10$ discount after coupon and is aparently designed to hold food.

http://www.luggagepoint.com/mario-batali/mario-batali-mens-insulated-lunch-messenger-bag

Well, I am a girl but not super girly, and I still use a bag from my unisex days. It's a Loop DJ bag with a padded shoulder piece. The width/padding of the strap makes all the difference in comfort to me, same as with a backpack.

I spent $40. I think you should spend what it is worth to you and get what you like, but there is no reason to go OTT on a practical student bag.

i always wonder how people can fit everything they need in a messenger bag. i could never fit my notebooks and textbooks into 1. most of the people i see who carry messenger bags around campus end up stuffing it full, and it gets very bulky and very annoying when they try to squeeze through a tight space with their puffy bag. messenger bags do not look good when fully packed and ready to pop.

so honestly, i think a backpack is the better way to go.