Shining Monkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammy I got some from a friend that lives in the states last weekend. I was just wondering where (sorry I can't remember her name) thought that it could be purchased direct in Canada. I want to buy more, this stuff if FABULOUS!!!!!!!!

I just created an account on the Shining monkey website, so I could order a can, as the seller on Amazon only ships to the US, and everything was going fine, until I was giving my "only" shipping option of $115!!!

*sigh* Looks like I won't be getting a can this side of the pond...

(Their .co.uk site is closed)

K

I love this stuff too! :smile: I used to spray AppleGuard on my handbags to protect them but when I tried the ShiningMonkey I was thrilled. It dries so much faster and it does not change the color of the material I am spraying. I also did the paper towel test. I sprayed the AppleGuard and ShiningMonkey on a paper towel. The AppleGuard is a bit greasy and it did changed the color of the paper towel. Then I poured some water on the paper towel and ShiningMonkey worked so much better in repelling it.
I had my friend in the US buy it for me. I bought 5 cans (I actually ordered the metal polishing strips too which works nicely in reviving metal hardwares) :lol:! But I did noticed that eventhough ShiningMonkey is bigger, I finish the can faster than AppleGuard.

Be sure to go to shiningmonkey.net and not shiningmonkey.com because their .com site has been domain hi-jacked.

edit: Ooops, I forgot to mention to use the promo code FUJIZ to get 10% off. I am not sure when it will expire. HTH!

I've been meaning to post this, since people were asking if the Shining Monkey spray slows down the patina process. It does a little, but a patina will still develop (and nice, even one). Here is my Baggy GM. I took this pic yesterday. I sprayed it with Shining monkey when it was brand new 6 months ago and have carried it every day. you can see how nice the patina is now:

Attachments

• baggygm.jpg
    baggygm.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 285
  • baggygm2.jpg
    baggygm2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 225
I might check at my local Target/Walmart, etc to see if they're selling it in the car section. Will let you know what I find out after my recon mission!

Shining Monkey needs to give the PF members here a huge discount considering the free advertisement you all are giving here! :lol: Maybe they can be our sponsor too? ::hint hint Vlad::

Btw, can I use this product on Balenciaga?

luvmybags said:
Let us know Jasanna if you find it! I was wondering the same thing too.
I have to get this when I get my speedy!

Ok, so Target is a no-go. I didn't have time to check Wal-Mart but I'm going to check tomorrow. Will keep updating y'all as it comes. I'll do some snooping around some other stores too and keep my eyes open.

Status
Not open for further replies.