Share Your Loewe Items Here

Totally frivolous purchase but saw this preowned piece (brand new unused) for a quarter of its original selling price. Couldn’t resist! It’s super cute and the ears are ultra floppy and really great to touch on the reverse side (shearling unfortunately is not the best hand feel amongst the furry options). No idea when I would get a chance to use this tiny bag, especially given I haven’t even given the lemur bag a day out yet! Haha.

IMG_8529.jpeg
IMG_8530.jpeg

I have a lucky story to share.

I've liked the puzzle bag for a long time, about 4-5 years, and always marvelled at how it's a true feat of craftsmanship. The more you understand its multifaceted design, versatility, quality of materials and craft, the more you're in awe. It'd be the perfect black travel bag I've been looking for that can be worn in any way while being secure (with the zip and flap) and effortlessly classic-looking (due to the soft leather and slouch) for years to come. I almost pulled the trigger to purchase a few times but never did because despite everything, I thought it looked a bit bulky especially when worn crossbody. Since I heard it was getting discontinued last year, I revisited the bag on the website this year and for some reason it didn't look as bulky as I remembered. I also didn't think the discontinuing rumours were true because I saw the classic puzzle on the website. So I went into a Loewe store last weekend to try it out, see if I'll finally bite the bullet after years of having the bag in my radar, especially if it's discontinuing.

Turns out the rumours were true, the SAs all confirmed the classic puzzle is getting discontinued globally, and the edge is what I saw on the website which I mistook for the classic due to the website's wording. My heart sank because seeing and feeling the edge in person, I know it's just a different design and craftsmanship altogether. The edge puzzle is not puzzling because the puzzle pieces don't fit into each other so that the bag collapses in its signature slouch, they overlap and just isn't a true puzzle. Still, there were other classic versions of the puzzle left in store just in different sizes than the one I want (small), different materials, and with different straps from the original. So I tried them. But in my mind I knew I only wanted the classic classic and I thought I could buy it second-hand surely, even though it's not my preference.

That weekend, I did two things mainly. I spent a lot of time finding a good authentic small black classic puzzle online, but it was hard. I did finally find one seller; it was bought 4 years ago incidentally and I told the seller I was ready to purchase it, though I had my doubts because there's no box and receipt but everything else about it seemed authentic, and the price is 35% lower than current retail. I also reserved a different version of the classic puzzle (different material and strap) with the Loewe store to try anyway, as a backup option. The SA messaged me to confirm the reservation, which I did.

The next day on Monday, the SA sent me another message saying the true classic puzzle came in store, asking me if I want that reserved as well for me to try and compare. Omg yes?? So I went into store in the evening on the same day, tried it, and bought it. It was the only one in the country. All the SAs in store were apparently also shocked when my SA reserved this for me because it was so rare for the true classic puzzle to come in stock since it's discontinuing, and they hadn't seen it for months. I had wanted to just try the bag then think about it a few days before coming back to purchase, just so I can sit with that decision a bit longer. But I kind of knew I wanted it anyway and wouldn't regret it, especially since it's the last piece in the country so it's either this new piece or the second-hand one without box and receipt. After purchasing the bag and admiring it these last few days, I can say that I love it even more than I thought I would. She's perfect. She also has the black embossed anagram instead of the white from few years ago, and smooth calfskin with palladium hardware, all of which I prefer. The universe really conspired for me to get this bag just when I decided to try it out again on a random weekend after a few years of low-key consideration, and before it fully discontinued. I did think of getting this bag in Europe when I'll be there this summer and it'd be so much cheaper too, but that might be too long later and the bag might be fully discontinued by then, so I think it's for the best. I also didn't get it 4 years ago when it was of course cheaper but I wasn't as keen back then, I kind of also wanted to see how long-standing it'd be as a classic and it still is. She's timeless. So I got it more expensive overall but I think it's worth it when I truly want it after the years of consideration and just before it was gone. :smile: I love it so much and just needed to share. :heart:

Attachments

• IMG_8011_2.jpg
    IMG_8011_2.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_8295.jpg
    IMG_8295.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
I have a lucky story to share.

I've liked the puzzle bag for a long time, about 4-5 years, and always marvelled at how it's a true feat of craftsmanship. The more you understand its multifaceted design, versatility, quality of materials and craft, the more you're in awe. It'd be the perfect black travel bag I've been looking for that can be worn in any way while being secure (with the zip and flap) and effortlessly classic-looking (due to the soft leather and slouch) for years to come. I almost pulled the trigger to purchase a few times but never did because despite everything, I thought it looked a bit bulky especially when worn crossbody. Since I heard it was getting discontinued last year, I revisited the bag on the website this year and for some reason it didn't look as bulky as I remembered. I also didn't think the discontinuing rumours were true because I saw the classic puzzle on the website. So I went into a Loewe store last weekend to try it out, see if I'll finally bite the bullet after years of having the bag in my radar, especially if it's discontinuing.

Turns out the rumours were true, the SAs all confirmed the classic puzzle is getting discontinued globally, and the edge is what I saw on the website which I mistook for the classic due to the website's wording. My heart sank because seeing and feeling the edge in person, I know it's just a different design and craftsmanship altogether. The edge puzzle is not puzzling because the puzzle pieces don't fit into each other so that the bag collapses in its signature slouch, they overlap and just isn't a true puzzle. Still, there were other classic versions of the puzzle left in store just in different sizes than the one I want (small), different materials, and with different straps from the original. So I tried them. But in my mind I knew I only wanted the classic classic and I thought I could buy it second-hand surely, even though it's not my preference.

That weekend, I did two things mainly. I spent a lot of time finding a good authentic small black classic puzzle online, but it was hard. I did finally find one seller; it was bought 4 years ago incidentally and I told the seller I was ready to purchase it, though I had my doubts because there's no box and receipt but everything else about it seemed authentic, and the price is 35% lower than current retail. I also reserved a different version of the classic puzzle (different material and strap) with the Loewe store to try anyway, as a backup option. The SA messaged me to confirm the reservation, which I did.

The next day on Monday, the SA sent me another message saying the true classic puzzle came in store, asking me if I want that reserved as well for me to try and compare. Omg yes?? So I went into store in the evening on the same day, tried it, and bought it. It was the only one in the country. All the SAs in store were apparently also shocked when my SA reserved this for me because it was so rare for the true classic puzzle to come in stock since it's discontinuing, and they hadn't seen it for months. I had wanted to just try the bag then think about it a few days before coming back to purchase, just so I can sit with that decision a bit longer. But I kind of knew I wanted it anyway and wouldn't regret it, especially since it's the last piece in the country so it's either this new piece or the second-hand one without box and receipt. After purchasing the bag and admiring it these last few days, I can say that I love it even more than I thought I would. She's perfect. The universe really conspired for me to get this bag just when I decided to try it out again on a random weekend after a few years of low-key consideration, and before it fully discontinued. I did think of getting this bag in Europe when I'll be there this summer and it'd be so much cheaper too, but that might be too long later and the bag might be fully discontinued by then, so I think it's for the best. I also didn't get it 4 years ago when it was of course cheaper but I wasn't as keen back then, I kind of also wanted to see how long-standing it'd be as a classic and it still is. She's timeless. So I got it more expensive overall but I think it's worth it when I truly want it after the years of consideration and just before it was gone. :smile: I love it so much and just needed to share. :heart:
Congrats! I’ve had that stroke of luck before and it feels great.

Reactions: lexi8
Not my official first purchase as I bought one of the Loewe x Ghibli for my daughter who is a huge ghibli fan 😊
My first personal Loewe purchase and I’m guessing it’s an older style as the strap is thicker than the newer ones. It also only has the monogram logo in the corner. I wasn’t sure I would like the brand for myself so bought second hand. The leather is so soft and smooshy I love it ❤️

IMG_7664.jpegIMG_7665.jpeg

Not my official first purchase as I bought one of the Loewe x Ghibli for my daughter who is a huge ghibli fan 😊
My first personal Loewe purchase and I’m guessing it’s an older style as the strap is thicker than the newer ones. It also only has the monogram logo in the corner. I wasn’t sure I would like the brand for myself so bought second hand. The leather is so soft and smooshy I love it ❤️

View attachment 5976932View attachment 5976933
Gorgeous bag! This is the style I have as well, in tan. I also bought mine second hand after buying a classic puzzle and I’ve been wearing it a lot. It’s a workhorse!

• Love
Reactions: wildwest81
I’m glad to know it’s a workhorse!! I don’t usually baby my bags. I’m seriously impressed with the leather on this bag and I can’t wait to take it out ❤️
I don’t baby my bags either. Just be careful if you change up the strap to its longer length. Be mindful when you push the little metal balls through the slits in the strap. I pulled on the strap, trying to undo it quickly, resulting in a tiny tear on the strap. It didn’t hurt the integrity of the bag but it was a bonehead move on my part.

• Thanks
Reactions: wildwest81
I don’t baby my bags either. Just be careful if you change up the strap to its longer length. Be mindful when you push the little metal balls through the slits in the strap. I pulled on the strap, trying to undo it quickly, resulting in a tiny tear on the strap. It didn’t hurt the integrity of the bag but it was a bonehead move on my part.
I was trying to release the little metal ball this morning and noticed it was tough to remove. It is tight in its place. Thank you for the warning 🥰
I don’t generally wear cross body but on occasion I do need both my hands and will adjust straps.

Reactions: Lillianlm
Hi!

So, in June of last year, I took a tumble with my small black Puzzle while on work-cation. It actually weathered the fall (and my weight) on the concrete pretty well.

However, since it was no longer my sleek and perfect bag, I begrudgingly sold it a couple of months ago.

I had no idea that Loewe was releasing a new Puzzle: a perfect replacement for that bag.

It arrived last week and is stunning in my opinion. Definitely my favorite Puzzle to date! The thicker leather, gold hardware, woven top handle and suede interior are stunning!

Attachments

• IMG_1695.jpeg
    IMG_1695.jpeg
    191.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1692.jpeg
    IMG_1692.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1693.jpeg
    IMG_1693.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 70