See Through/Clear Bags - Yay or Nay?

Clear/Transparent Bags - Yay or Nay?

• Yes - I want to see what I need & where it is before I reach inside.

• Never - I don't want to advertise the contents of my bag to the world!

• Maybe - If the Designer/Price/Style was right, I might consider it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Coach has one for 500$
Chanel has one for 1000-1200$

and Dolce and Gabbana......

1,650$ for a satchel
http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2923320/0~6006558~6006559~6006564~6006567?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6006567&P=1

Still, I gotta wonder why they thought the market needed these?!?! Like I said before, I predict a lot of these bags will be taking up lots of space on the clearance tables come July/August - although, that might be a great opportunity for someone to buy a Chanel, LV or DG at a reasonable price who might otherwise be unable to afford one!!!

(I guess even if the bag is ugly - you can always say, "It's Chanel!!!")

There is no way I'd EVER carry a clear plastic bag for many reasons:

1. Most things from the 80s are a NO in my book, even if it is the trend right now
2. I don't like to carry any plastic, vinyl, pleather, etc, bag even if it isn't clear
3. Even though i keep my bag well organized, i don't really want to display everything in it to the world.
4. To me even the high end ones look cheap and tacky. I feel like the designers are just playing a joke on us to see how much of a fashion victim we become.
5. There is nothing classic about them
6. The plastic would yellow and dirty very easily and every little grain of dust, lint, and other particles would be more than evident.

I'm sure I could keep going, but I think i'll stop there.

With that said and done, you girls who DO like the bags, wear them and rock them! You know what you like and you don't care what others think. I respect you for that!

Now here's what I'm talking about......
the Prada one is kinda cute - but for $1200+?!?!
even w/the leather trim & rope handle - No way!!!
(at least the contents of your bag would be somewhat hidden by the design)
and almost $1600 for a Fendi - (which looks like an LV)?????
WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?!?!

at least the Chanel bag has the traditional chain/leather strap, but at $900 it's still too much for plastic

Attachments

• clear bags.jpg
    clear bags.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 230
If money grew on trees I would probably get the Chanel naked but IRL its a NAY because of the cost & the uber trediness of it!

I think the Chanel one is super cute but for $1600??? Sometimes I think the designers are killing themselves laughing at what were are willing to spend on bizarre items... it is afterall plastic!

No way! Who wants to see what I carry around in my bag. Of course, I don't like anything clear. I don't like the clear lucite accessories that are big right now either. Or shoes. Not a fan of the clear shoe. What's the point. It just looks cheap. Hmmm, what else don't I like....I sound quite negative:smile:

I can't imagine purchasing a clear plastic bag as a handbag/purse. I mean come on the stuff inside my purse isnt THAT cute that I want to display it. And for that price it better be a substantial bag.

if people have cosmetic case fetishes or something, this might work for them. they can stick ALL of their personal effects in cute looking accessories and pay out the ass for a bag you can see thorugh.

honestly...

"nice tampons" no thank you.