Secondhand bargains - show yours here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for the pep talk. I will keep the faith. I've found so many (and I do mean many) handbags, but that Fendi is like the good fine wealthy overly kind, most romantic and sensitive man that got away. Ok, I exaggerate....but you know what I mean. :lolots:

Oh, you don't exaggerate. . . they exist. . . . the non-counterfeit handbags and the good men. DO keep the faith.

And in the meantime -- THANK YOU!
You are the one who told us about the "Thrift Store" song!!!
I LOVE it on You Tube, and the guys who sing it just performed it on the Ellen DeGeneres show! So great!!!

Where ya been?

brain cloud!

Actually ...

I sliced my left index finger open with a razor cutter during a DIY alteration to some j. Crew pants on new years eve day and then all my computers basically broke. The finger injury sidelined my ability to thrift. You really need all fingers to move clothes on a rack.

I also lost my camera in the house here. LOL! It'll show up. It's from my decluttering project. Trying to clear my closets. So far everything looks way way worse!

So I went to salvos. They had 50 percent off clothes. Their shoes are back up to 7 to 9 instead of 3 to 5! Now what will happen is people buy less and they get a massive overstock in shoes.

Anyhow I hadn't been in denim for weeks and now have eight new pairs. Yes. I bought 8 pairs of jeans. 7fam, citizens that are skinny and brand new. Two pairs of a Korean brand called buckaroos ... Those are nice! Never seen them before. They retail at $150 each. Nice dry thick denim and massive detailing. Lots of folds and aging. A pair of skinny stretch by obey. Those are like shapewear. Seriously. A pair by toyko denim bank that is covered with peacock embellishment.

And a pair of distressed joes .... Very thick denim. I left 6 pairs that I had pulled! One was AG legend ... New. I have those and so ... But it was raining awesome denim. I left some hard tail denim. It was pretty insane how much they had. When I was leaving, the cashier was teasing me about how many pairs I had. Guess how much denim they get? 2500 pairs a week!

Holy Moley.

Not that I know of! I will email and see when it will air. I am a little nervous!!

:heart::heart: you Laz!!!

I can't wait to see ya! I :heart: U 2!

I want to download your brain miss Anne! All that cool shopping and style info!

Today I found a vintage leather belt ... Heavily tooled with the name CARL on the back and I thought ... Anne would appreciate this!

I think the negotiation for jama's Internet adoption should continue ... Let's sell off more than 100% of him. To be fair. New math!

Oh wait ... I forgot to say the jeans were two to three buckaroos each.

Also today I got a few things that I have come close to buying at places like tjmaxx ... A hat, a small wool cape ( cause it is 27 degrees here at night ) and two b. Makowsky bags. Gotta love thrift! Those things weren't even that spendy at tjmaxx ... But these days being asked for $16.99 for a hat seems like robbery. I got the exact same hat for 99 cents today!

She shoots she scores!

brain cloud!

Actually ...

I sliced my left index finger open with a razor cutter during a DIY alteration to some j. Crew pants on new years eve day and then all my computers basically broke. The finger injury sidelined my ability to thrift. You really need all fingers to move clothes on a rack.

I also lost my camera in the house here. LOL! It'll show up. It's from my decluttering project. Trying to clear my closets. So far everything looks way way worse!

So I went to salvos. They had 50 percent off clothes. Their shoes are back up to 7 to 9 instead of 3 to 5! Now what will happen is people buy less and they get a massive overstock in shoes.

Anyhow I hadn't been in denim for weeks and now have eight new pairs. Yes. I bought 8 pairs of jeans. 7fam, citizens that are skinny and brand new. Two pairs of a Korean brand called buckaroos ... Those are nice! Never seen them before. They retail at $150 each. Nice dry thick denim and massive detailing. Lots of folds and aging. A pair of skinny stretch by obey. Those are like shapewear. Seriously. A pair by toyko denim bank that is covered with peacock embellishment.

And a pair of distressed joes .... Very thick denim. I left 6 pairs that I had pulled! One was AG legend ... New. I have those and so ... But it was raining awesome denim. I left some hard tail denim. It was pretty insane how much they had. When I was leaving, the cashier was teasing me about how many pairs I had. Guess how much denim they get? 2500 pairs a week!

Holy Moley.

Oh wait ... I forgot to say the jeans were two to three buckaroos each.

Also today I got a few things that I have come close to buying at places like tjmaxx ... A hat, a small wool cape ( cause it is 27 degrees here at night ) and two b. Makowsky bags. Gotta love thrift! Those things weren't even that spendy at tjmaxx ... But these days being asked for $16.99 for a hat seems like robbery. I got the exact same hat for 99 cents today!

She shoots she scores!

I AM JEALOUS! Any size 24s?

I AM JEALOUS! Any size 24s?

It was the best denim day ever. I've never bought so many pairs and had to leave denim behind!

24s are probably a thrifted 25. The denim is almost always washed and dried and probably a few years old. So yeah, you'd love Los Angeles for denim! You're tiny! I could carry you around on my shoulders!

Oh, you don't exaggerate. . . they exist. . . . the non-counterfeit handbags and the good men. DO keep the faith.

And in the meantime -- THANK YOU!
You are the one who told us about the "Thrift Store" song!!!
I LOVE it on You Tube, and the guys who sing it just performed it on the Ellen DeGeneres show! So great!!!

I will keep the faith and have you seen the video on YouTube? It is so funny, my sis said when she and her hubby heard it they fell out laughing. They said it reminded them of me.:biggrin:

:P
brain cloud!

Actually ...

Holy Moley.

Ack, I hope your finger feels better!! I'm currently trying to sew with my dd's "first machine" It's a Singer that kinda cries when I use it :P. I'm awaiting a better machine from a friend of a friend of a friend situation ;)

I'm rediculoulsy jelly over your denim! I've gone up a size (cough, cough stupid medication) and of course refuse to pay retail. On the upside I scored a pair of New Religion in my "new" size~gotta look at the bright side I guess.

I've missed you Lazlo!!!!

I will keep the faith and have you seen the video on YouTube? It is so funny, my sis said when she and her hubby heard it they fell out laughing. They said it reminded them of me.:biggrin:

rofl!! My girls LOVE singing that song to me. Nice....nice...... :biggrin::biggrin:

:P

Ack, I hope your finger feels better!! I'm currently trying to sew with my dd's "first machine" It's a Singer that kinda cries when I use it :P. I'm awaiting a better machine from a friend of a friend of a friend situation ;)

I'm rediculoulsy jelly over your denim! I've gone up a size (cough, cough stupid medication) and of course refuse to pay retail. On the upside I scored a pair of New Religion in my "new" size~gotta look at the bright side I guess.

I've missed you Lazlo!!!!

rofl!! My girls LOVE singing that song to me. Nice....nice...... :biggrin::biggrin:

Have you oiled the machine?

I went to Salvos tonight and found two espresso cups. They were 99 cent each. There was a woman following me and touching everything I was looking at. I saw some vintage custard cups and she said she could serve shrimp for her guests. So I moved to another spot and found these. They are called Steelite O Luna, I think they sell for $100 each. Who knew?
IMG_20130110_111911.jpg

IMG_20130110_111902.jpg

That is a good idea, and I"m not being sarcastic, thank you. I will do that tomorrow. The poor machine is a total beginners model and I'm telling you it cringes when I break out the denim wide legs to transform into skinny jeans. I miss my machine but it's gone on to a better place (bows head).

I've sewn on all kinds of machines, and sometimes cleaning the dust out from fabric and a bit of oil really helps, fingers crossed! The beginners machines don't bother me too much, it's usually less to break than the ones with all the fancy attachments.

I went to Salvos tonight and found two espresso cups. They were 99 cent each. There was a woman following me and touching everything I was looking at. I saw some vintage custard cups and she said she could serve shrimp for her guests. So I moved to another spot and found these. They are called Steelite O Luna, I think they sell for $100 each. Who knew?

They are stunning, I have never seen anything like them!

IMG_20130110_111911.jpg

IMG_20130110_111902.jpg

Those are super cool!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.