Screw the new bags- oldies anyone?!?

I think every season has it's own characterisic that makes it special..As much as I love my 04 and 05 bags, I also adore my 06 and 07..

Agreed, that 04 and 05 had produced most sought after bags, however 06 and 07 are not far from this..It is just a matter of time :smile:
How about the infamous 06 Rouge VIF, Ink, or Blueberry with the beautiful thick leather like 05?
And how could you say no to 07 Tomato, Anthracite, Violet, and Jaune?

So bottom line is, is all about preference in colour and leathers..some people like the thick and smooth leather while other prefers the thin, distress bags :yes:

I think when you fall in love with Bbag, surely it's because of it's certain qualities and unique characters..

^^with the exception of the hardware, this leather looks EXACTLY like my 05 black work!!! i think the 07, especially the f/w leather and colors - are amazing and will break in, as this shows, exactly like the best year and season of all - s/s 05!!

i agree with DECO too - i much prefer my vert fonce work leather/color to my f/w 05 olive - it's much deeper and richer.

to the OP - someday you or someone else will look back and say "forget 09/10 - remember the good old days of 07?" it's not too far off...

Thank you dear
05 Black Work was my dream bag but I always missed the bag on the auction
So, like you said this is a good enough compromise for me

attachment.php

attachment.php

I know we've all enjoyed this thread...We always love this topic! I wonder where babybean is? I wonder if she got anything out of it?

i used to have one from each of these year: 04', 05', 06', but have since sold my 05' on e*** and 04', 06', 08' is what i have--i know alot of PFers are disappointed with the 08' color/leather/etc. but i've been fortunate enough to have a great SA picking out the perfect 08' bubblegum for me--the leather's is as thick and smooshy as my 04' lilac(!) and the bag's practically broken in the moment it arrived at my house:smile: i love love love it!

http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga/finally-here-pics-of-my-bg-day-223251.html

I am totally with you on this one babybean!!! The new bags are UGLY!! The leather is awful and IMO it is a sacrilege to put GH on the bags.......I only have/buy bags from -05 or earlier!!

Kat:heart:

I might have overreacted a tad saying they were UGLY, LOL, I didn´t read the whole thread. Of course there are some bags with lovely leather and some of the new colours are wonderful........and as you say we might be looking back on -07/08 when it´s 2010 saying remember those days? Rouge Vif is lovely but some of the best colours were made back in 05/04 IMO.....Anis, Rose, Pistachio, yellow (not sure if it has another name) and Khaki.....lovely colours!

I completely disagree; I only have two accessories from '05 and owned an '04 First at one point, but the bags I love the most are much more recent. It might take more searching to find a bag with great leather now and it might take longer to break it in to fluff it out a bit but as far as colours go, all my favourites are new ones. I think Violet is superior to Eggplant, I love the new Petal Pink much more than Bubblegum and I think Juane is a much more interesting and beautiful than Mustard.

I'm sure it's all just a matter of taste, but I think Balenciaga has been turning out some fantastic bags in '07 and '08. My Gris Twiggy from early '06 actually has the BEST leather out of all my bags, including the ones I've had from '04/'05.

some of the old colours are gorgeous & i'm sorry i missed out on them ~ my sister~in~law ~ a huge bal fan ~ recently bought a metallic first & paid over the original price ~ this bag is def authentic but came with no cards ~ no spare tassels ~ & frankly was not anything like as good as it looked in the seller's pics ~ i thought she was :nuts: to accept it just b/c it's an '05 metallic ~ each to their own of course ~ but i'd rather buy some of today's colours ~ which are also gorgeous ~ & sit it out for all those old colours to come around again b/c i'm sure if we do we'll see them all again! ~ ooh! what a nice thought! ~ :love:

^ Oh Andy, my Anthra GGH Work had leather like this too...I sold her to pay a medical bill :sad: That's it...I am going to try and find her!!!

I think the best leathers of my collection at the moment are 07 Steel/Plomb and 07 Vert D'Eau...Here they are!

Attachments

• 012 - Copy (3).JPG
    012 - Copy (3).JPG
    119.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 013 - Copy (2).JPG
    013 - Copy (2).JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 461
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 459
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 461
  • 007 (2).JPG
    007 (2).JPG
    111.3 KB · Views: 59
I could not fail to disagree with you less.

;)

Seriously though, I've seen amazing bags from pretty much every season bal's been making the motorcycle bags. My 05 AG has much better leather than my 06 Rouille, but the rouille generally had the thinner, veinier leather most people so disliked. I've never treated either of them, and the rouille has broken in to be lovely and smooshy.

Ultimitately it comes down to personal preference. I wouldn't rule out any bbag just because of the year it was made. I've been seriously considering the Steel, and certainly the ones I've seen had gorgeously thick, soft leather. I'm an equal opportunity bbag lover.