Scariest thing you ever saw?

Wow you guys...that's some pretty scary stuff. Well thankfully I have seen anything that traumatic, but about 2 weeks ago I saw a pit bull attack my neighbor and her dog while she had her dog on a leash. She was returning from checking her mail when the pit came out of nowhere. I could hear the dog screaming for his life and could see the pit mangling it from the neck. I stepped out to try and help but that pit was lock jawed. I was so shaken up, but miraculously the dog survived the attack and the woman wasn't bitten too harshly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using PurseForum mobile app

As a dog owner and the parent of a pit bull type dog, I am sorry to hear this. Our dogs are like our children. However, typing dogs according to their appearance only perpetuates stereotyping that ends in mass euthanisia in shelters. dogs who are percieved to be pit bulls are often not even pit bulls- they can be american staffordshire terriers, american bulldogs, mastiffs...... I could go on. Studies have shown that typing dogs as pit bulls or pit mixes in shelters results in longer shelter stays, lower rates of adoption, and increased incidence of euthanasia. Let's try to break the cycle and make a difference.

ANYWAY! In the interest of keeping this on topic... The scariest thing I have ever seen was when my parents had a really bad fight. Im not going to elaborate

I'm guessing for me it was a deadly accident. I was standing next to a man who got caught between two busses and was crushed to death. I didn't know him and we only spoke a few words before it happened, but I was amazed about the amount of grief I felt for him. I cried for a week.

Oh, and I once spotted a strange man in my backyard at night. When he proceeded to make his way towards the backdoor he definitely creeped me out. I ran towards to kitchen, locked the door and picked up a broomstick to show him I was willing to put up a fight. I guess he decided it wasn't worth it and he just stood there staring at me for a bit and turned around and left. I still have trouble looking into my backyard at night though. Always afraid I might see someone.

I kind of saw a dead body at a mall. He was covered with a sheet, but his foot was sticking out, and I saw blood around it. He fell/jumped from the 3rd floor. Luckily, it's not a mall that I frequent, but I still can't walk in that area, and that was 17 years ago. I was 14 when I saw it

When I was 17 I was in the car with my ex and cops cut us off, and came running at us with guns. Both of us were dragged out of the car at gunpoint and handcuffed. Long story short, they were looking for someone else who had the same car... it was a REALLY scary experience.

I had a stalker. He was mentally ill and tried to rape another woman. I knew him through my work as social worker and he got obsessed with me. Seeing him following me scared me more than anything else.

I just remembered another one. We were on our way to visit my in laws and had a stopover in abu dhabi for 1 night to break up the long trip. Our baby literally would not stop crying for 5 hours so the airline sent us in the ambulance to the hospital. The ambulance dropped us off at the emergency door but the doors were locked. We kept ringing the bell but no one was responding even though they saw us. Suddenly another ambulance showed up and they took the stretcher out and there was a guy lying there covered in blood and and concrete. We ran out of the way. The doors were automatically opened and they nurses rushed and took him in. Omg poor guy...probably some construction worker got in a bad accident.

I was in a single engine plane in Alaska and that engine malfunctioned. I told my husband I loved him and I hoped my parents would be okay. In my mind I said goodbye and prayed it would be quick and painless. Obviously, we managed to safely land in a fjord. Had we been over the mountains, we would be dead. There was a fatal crash the following day. It still scares me when I really think about how close to death we were.

My Dad in ICU, hooked up to a respirator and heaven knows what else, after a botched sinus surgery and subsequent brain surgery to save his life. When I walked into the room with my mom and sister I almost fainted. A nurse pushed me into a chair and shoved my head between my knees.

When I was 11 I saw someone trapped in a vehicle that was on fire. We were driving by probably 60 seconds after the accident so the police and rescue were not there yet.

Scariest thing I witnessed was my father's death. It was a long drawn out process where he became skeletal and unrecognizable. His heart just wouldn't stop despite his cancer spreading, so the process of watching his body shrink into itself was straight out of a horror movie. He wasn't conscious but would respond to our hands when we held his. It took a full week. The hospice worker that was assigned to him kept telling us it was imminent, but days would pass without his finally dying. Messed my head up for a long time. I'm glad I was there with my family, but I did not expect it to be so gruesome.

Reactions: lulilu
I had something very scary happen to me this morning. I was sleeping and all of a sudden I felt someone get in bed next to me. (I was home alone) I felt it as clear as day!!! Then I was paralyzed... I was trying to get up but I couldn't move!!! I was trying to scream but nothing would come out!!!! After trying to get up and move for what seemed like minutes I was finally able to move and I yelled get out!!! Then I went right back to sleep like it forced me to go back. It took me a couple of hours after I woke up to remember it even happened but it did. Please don't think I'm crazy cause I'm not. This really happened. Has it ever happened to anyone else????

I had something very scary happen to me this morning. I was sleeping and all of a sudden I felt someone get in bed next to me. (I was home alone) I felt it as clear as day!!! Then I was paralyzed... I was trying to get up but I couldn't move!!! I was trying to scream but nothing would come out!!!! After trying to get up and move for what seemed like minutes I was finally able to move and I yelled get out!!! Then I went right back to sleep like it forced me to go back. It took me a couple of hours after I woke up to remember it even happened but it did. Please don't think I'm crazy cause I'm not. This really happened. Has it ever happened to anyone else????

Sounds like sleep paralysis! It's what happens when you wake up during a REM cycle, but your body hasn't gotten the memo about you being awake yet, so to speak. I've never had it happen before, but it's fairly common and nothing to be worried about in hindsight, although I'm sure it's terrifying in the moment! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

I get this all the time. I've never felt someone get in bed with me but it feels as though someone is pushing down on you preventing you from breathing and moving.

When this happens, I just try my best to either open and close my eyes to wake up or move some part of my body and it goes away. It has happened so many times that it's a normal thing to me. Don't be scare! It's just your imagination tricking you while you're unable to really comprehend what's going on.

Reactions: LaFrenchLady