Saying Hi, and need help choosing my first LV

Since you like the Damier line, perhaps a Speedy 25 or 30 if you like a handheld bag or a Highbury, Uzes, Saleya MM or PM, Chelsea for a shoulder bag. There is a new bag coming out in April called the Sporty which can be used as a handheld or shoulder bag. Use the search function to see pictures of this bag. Good luck and congratulations on your upcoming graduation!!

Where can I find the picture of the Sporty?
and thanks~

Hey! Since you're getting a graduating present, perhaps it would do as a work bag too? I suggest a Batignolles Horizontal, spacious enough for files :smile:. Else, everything else's a possibility1

Welcome to TPF.

I would say the classic Speedy in Mono or Damier.

You can have this bag for 10 years, and it will still serve its purpose. Its so versatile and i love it

if i didn't own a speedy, i would probably also say speedy, but if i could do it over again, i probably wouldn't have gone with a handheld bag as my first LV. it's really kind of annoying to always have only one free hand or have something constantly hanging off your arm...esp if you put ANYthing relatively substantial in it, like a magazine and water bottle, you won't be able to stand hanging it off the crook of your arm for long. it's good if you mostly travel by car, or there won't be a long stretch of time when you'll need your hands free.

i'd really recommend a shoulder bag...it's more practical, imo. if you like damier, i'd recommend the saleya. it's very sleek and simple, yet damier makes it so very sophisticated. i'm so in love with this bag it's not even funny....maybe you should go to the boutique and try on every bag you're interested in...seeing it on yourself is totally different from just seeing a pic of it online...:yes: hope i helped!

if i didn't own a speedy, i would probably also say speedy, but if i could do it over again, i probably wouldn't have gone with a handheld bag as my first LV. it's really kind of annoying to always have only one free hand or have something constantly hanging off your arm...esp if you put ANYthing relatively substantial in it, like a magazine and water bottle, you won't be able to stand hanging it off the crook of your arm for long. it's good if you mostly travel by car, or there won't be a long stretch of time when you'll need your hands free.

i'd really recommend a shoulder bag...it's more practical, imo. if you like damier, i'd recommend the saleya. it's very sleek and simple, yet damier makes it so very sophisticated. i'm so in love with this bag it's not even funny....maybe you should go to the boutique and try on every bag you're interested in...seeing it on yourself is totally different from just seeing a pic of it online...:yes: hope i helped!

Thanks for the info, Saleya is very pretty bag, however, I would want to use it for school rather than for work. The bag looks a bit too big from the picture I found on LV website... it looks more like a school bag... maybe a A4 size right?

going to a boutique would be a good idea, but it's 4 hours away (driving) from where I live right now... but I will definitly visit there before I actually get the bag.

I have an unusual suggestion for the first bag---denim mini pleaty!!!!!!!!!love it!!!!!:heart: :P It is girly,adorable,great for summer,and if you are concerned about looking older with LV bag,with this one its not going to be an issue!!!!:P

Oh,i am sorry ,i didnot read your previous post--if you want something for school--i would go with BH or BV!!!!!To all of you guys who owns one---i want one too!!:P and probably will make it my next purchase!!!

Oh,i am sorry ,i didnot read your previous post--if you want something for school--i would go with BH or BV!!!!!To all of you guys who owns one---i want one too!!:P and probably will make it my next purchase!!!

Thanks for the suggestion.(btw...what is BH and BV? sorry I am not very familiar
I am not looking for a bag for school, as I am graduating in this May.
I am looking for my first LV to be a subtle statement of going into adult world (by "subtle" I meant my LV will not be a bold statement of "look at me~! I can afford a LV")
I want a functional piece that I can carry to interviews or work everyday.

Speedy seem to be a good choice, since a lot of people recommanded...:P

BV: Batignolles Vertical
BH: Batignolles Horizontal.

Great bags, only in mono but recently dropped in price about 100. I have the BH and LOVE it. It is a shoulder bag no zip, just clip but very functional and not too much vachetta. One of the more economic LV bags (size for price).