Save a girls job, help!

Oh wow!!! What a story! Congrats to you Jlane and I wish you the best in your MBA program. You are blessed with a great job and a boss who appreciates your hard work. Please keep us updated and Happy Holidays!

Jen, I have been away for a few days and look at what happens!

This story is... I mean I think you are amazing, your boss is amazing, his girlfriend is amazing...I am so happy all this is going on... believe me, I have just read the thread all the way through, and I am so touched I have tears in my eyes (and that's for real, I am not kidding). This is not a story, it's a fairy tale.

I vote this the best thread ever in the H forum.

I am really sorry I wasn't here to help you with your choice, but all I can tell you is that you have been extremely well adviced, I think the decision your boss has taken (or better the decision that YOU have led him to take, without taking him away the satisfaction of being THE ONE who is choosing), well this decision absolutely is the best choice.

The reputable resellers list is, (in case he feels better with that option), well... simply reputable, so you should have no problem.

And please, let us know what your boss ends up with.

And congratulations for this unbelievably generous and smart christmas present that you will receive from your boss.

Still with tears in my eyes. :love:

Jen, what a wonderful story to wake up to!

In this country we pride ourselves on what is supposedly a meritocratic society, but in practice merit isn't recognized as often as it should be. You have a truly great boss, and I'm so glad he's acknowledging your work and potential! Congratulations!!

Wow, catching up on this weekends posts, I'm so happy to have stumbled upon this one. What an amazing heartwarming story! Your boss is obviously a gem for recognizing (and rewarding!) talent when he sees it, but YOU, Jlane, are the star for showing your integrity and kindness in helping him with his decision. Kudos! And congrats on that MBA - you will not regret it!

What a wonderful story. It takes a great person to spot another. He is so smart to have found you and want to keep you. AND so thoughtful and supportive. You must be incredible as well. Congratulations and good luck. You'll have to keep us posted.....

GOOSE BUMPS!
thanks for rewarding us with the 'water cooler' talk. this has been really fun for me. tpf is the source of all kinds of vicarious thrills, but this one tops the list i think.

I just checked back in and reading your wonderful replies has me tearing up again. :crybaby: Thank you so much for your caring words. I still feeling like it is a fairytale. He is such a great man I knew working for him would be an incredible experience but this goes beyond my wildest wishes. (well, maybe not the wildest :shame: ) Now I have to figure out what in the world I can get him for Christmas. That might be even more difficult then the Birkin.

I will keep you updated and again thank you so, so much.

Jen