Sarah, Adele or Emilie wallet?

Sep 7, 2006
Hey everyone,
I'd appreciate some input from those who have either of these... I am traveling to Rome for Christmas with hubby, and am planning to get myself a present from the LV store. I'm primarily concerned about the quality - the durability and wear and tear factor of the 3 wallets mentioned above. TIA!!

Wow! I'm so excited over your trip to Rome, especially during the holiday season.

If you like a lightweight, envelope style long wallet, then Emilie. You can always go for Empreinte instead of canvas.

Personally, I prefer canvas instead of leather as they are more durable.

I find Sarah bulky but great if you are used to carrying lots of cards.

Adele is an unconventional wallet which I don't like.

Check them out and see which one you like best. Have a great holiday.

I bought the Adele for my trip to Rome, I travel internationally a lot and like the 2 zippered compartments because I keep US currency and my personal cc's on one side and euros or whatever currency on the other side with my corporate cards, car rental cards, etc. I'm horrified that I don't baby my LV's, I prob should take better care of them but I buy them to use them. I've attached shoulder straps to this wallet to wear it crossbody, when stateside I use one of the zipper pockets to hold my iPhone with a case on it (stretches the wallet a bit), and the Adele has held up fine. I have other LV wallets but this is my fave so far. Hope that helps

I bought the Adele for my trip to Rome, I travel internationally a lot and like the 2 zippered compartments because I keep US currency and my personal cc's on one side and euros or whatever currency on the other side with my corporate cards, car rental cards, etc. I'm horrified that I don't baby my LV's, I prob should take better care of them but I buy them to use them. I've attached shoulder straps to this wallet to wear it crossbody, when stateside I use one of the zipper pockets to hold my iPhone with a case on it (stretches the wallet a bit), and the Adele has held up fine. I have other LV wallets but this is my fave so far. Hope that helps

Thanks for the suggestion. That does help!

Wow! I'm so excited over your trip to Rome, especially during the holiday season.

If you like a lightweight, envelope style long wallet, then Emilie. You can always go for Empreinte instead of canvas.

Personally, I prefer canvas instead of leather as they are more durable.

I find Sarah bulky but great if you are used to carrying lots of cards.

Adele is an unconventional wallet which I don't like.

Check them out and see which one you like best. Have a great holiday.

Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks! :smile: I'm kinda learning towards the Emilie as it's lightweight as you mentioned. My current wallet is a bit bulky like the Sarah, but I've heard better reviews on the functionality and durability of the Sarah compared to the Emilie. Empreinte in the hot pink would be lovely.

Thanks for the suggestion, and thanks! :smile: I'm kinda learning towards the Emilie as it's lightweight as you mentioned. My current wallet is a bit bulky like the Sarah, but I've heard better reviews on the functionality and durability of the Sarah compared to the Emilie. Empreinte in the hot pink would be lovely.[/QUOTE]

Empreinte is lovely but somehow canvas is more durable. My other wallets are Monogram Elise, Epi Zippy and Empreinte Compact Curieuse, I still prefer canvas when it comes to wallet, Elise is 10 years old and looks good. Best part is I don't have to worry about discoloration, mold and mildew stains, scratches etc.

I contemplated between canvas Emilie and Empreinte Emilie, ended up with Damier Emilie as the interior red is so lovely. If you don't have any Empreinte piece, then go for Emilie in Hot Pink.

I have all 3. My Sarah is vernis and my Adele and Emilie in Mono.

I like them for different purposes. Adele is great for carrying multiple currencies but Sarah and Emilie provides the shape I prefer.

I like my Emilie the best as I don't carry a lot however I had to get the button replaced only after 6 months as the leather was peeling. They replaced the button for free. My Emilie is hot pink and I love the colour.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Babydoll Chanel
I have all 3. My Sarah is vernis and my Adele and Emilie in Mono.

I like them for different purposes. Adele is great for carrying multiple currencies but Sarah and Emilie provides the shape I prefer.

I like my Emilie the best as I don't carry a lot however I had to get the button replaced only after 6 months as the leather was peeling. They replaced the button for free. My Emilie is hot pink and I love the colour.

Hope it helps.

Thanks it does! I also love the mono with hot pink. Think I'm leaning towards that one the most.

Sarah. The Emilie has given me too much trouble. I've had to have the glazing redone three times

I've heard of the issues with the Emilie, but I also heard it was the bad batch made in 2010-2011 that some places are still selling which are faulty. I hope not all batches of the Emilie have the issue :sad: Do you know when yours was made?

I have the emilie, have had issues with the glazing on the edges and with the button coming off. I was not pleased. They fixed the glazing once for free but then it happened again.