Saint Laurent - Wallet on Chain

Thanks! I have attached a couple of images of the WOC but I don't take the best pics LOL! I really liked the medium size too, but I wanted to wear it cross body and it sat a little high for me so I went for the smaller WOC instead. Have you had yours for a while? Is it holding up well? View attachment 3394320 View attachment 3394321

It looks gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing photos!

No ive just placed an order and still waiting for it to arrive!! Im quite petite in height so the medium wallet's chain length seems perfect for me (shoulder and crossbody). I'll take photos of mine to share too once it's here. Where I love theres no SL boutique so I had to buy it online and wait for it to arrive to know!!
Enjoy your chain wallet!

Reactions: Gem Gal
I didn't know buying a YSL dinner bag will be so confusing. All I just wanted is a YSL dinner bag.

My criteria for a dinner bag is as follows:
- Grain de Poudre material
- Matelassé stitching (Chevron pattern)
- Detachable chain as shoulder strap (Gold/Silver)
- Black bag
- Size: big enough to hold iPhone 6+, 1 lipstick, key pouch, 1 credit card and some $ notes

After days of research and countless YT videos, I finally realised that there are 2 main classic styles of YSL wallet on chain:

1) The FIRST is the Envelope Wallet
Measurement is 7.4 X 4.9 X 1.4 inches
It has 6 card slots, 1 zip coin pocket, 1 bill and 1 receipt compartment
RTP USD 1,250
7173e48b-bd6d-46d9-892f-30513231396f.jpg
dbe1fb60-4717-435b-b8cf-7583190b7a94.jpg

2) The SECOND is the Flap Wallet
Measurement is at 8.8 X 5.5 X 1.6 inches
It has 20 card slots, 1 coin pocket, 2 bill and 2 receipt compartments
RTP USD1,490
7e91a95c-2ecd-49e5-bcd1-60988b4d5134.jpg
121a6840-c630-4dfb-8554-3a7390a18ea7.jpg

Before all the research, I have assumed that they are the same bag :blush:

For those who have the above styles, can you give a quick comment on the pros and cons of it (whichever bag that you have) and will it fit all the things I've listed.

Hope this is also useful for those looking for information on choosing YSL WOCs ;)
Very nice. I likey!

the small WOC has a leather strap on top and is quite small compared to the medium. The medium WOC which I have 1550. is pure gold strap and holds so much more. I saw the small one in the store, cute but tiny. I would go for the medium for the little price difference. Hope this helps.

the small WOC has a leather strap on top and is quite small compared to the medium. The medium WOC which I have 1550. is pure gold strap and holds so much more. I saw the small one in the store, cute but tiny. I would go for the medium for the little price difference. Hope this helps.
I second this too. I own the medium WOC and although I realise I don't necessarily use the built in card slots for my cards, the bag can comfortable store my compact wallet and some makeup items!

Reactions: whiteswan1010
Hi everyone! I'm having this same struggle, trying to choose between the two sizes. I like the look of the slightly larger one better, and the sleekness of the rounded bottom. Can it be worn cross body even though the strap is shorter? Also, since the bottom is not expandable like the smaller one, does it fit less? If the smaller one is more roomy, I will go with that one. Thanks for the help!

I have both the small envelope size & larger size. I have yet to wear the small size because its so small..i have a iphone 6plus and if i put that in, that is all it holds. The chain is also much longer, i am 5'7 and it hits really low so i tuck in the chain a bit to make it more appropriate. It also makes a nice clutch if you tuck in the whole chain. I use the larger size often, it fits my phone & can hold a lot if you put it in a certain way. I feel like the larger size is best if you want to use it for parties & for everyday use but if its strictly for formal occasions then the small size is probably fine(the small size comes in less colors though usually)
First photo is the small size. Second photo is larger.

Attachments

• IMG_2905.jpg
    IMG_2905.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 1,909
  • IMG_3690.JPG
    IMG_3690.JPG
    197 KB · Views: 2,228
Reactions: whiteswan1010
I have both the small envelope size & larger size. I have yet to wear the small size because its so small..i have a iphone 6plus and if i put that in, that is all it holds. The chain is also much longer, i am 5'7 and it hits really low so i tuck in the chain a bit to make it more appropriate. It also makes a nice clutch if you tuck in the whole chain. I use the larger size often, it fits my phone & can hold a lot if you put it in a certain way. I feel like the larger size is best if you want to use it for parties & for everyday use but if its strictly for formal occasions then the small size is probably fine(the small size comes in less colors though usually)
First photo is the small size. Second photo is larger.
I agree - go with the large - so much more versatile!!