Sac Cap Vert vs. Belvedere PM?

charlottawill

Jul 31, 2015
I'm debating between a Sac Cap Vert and a Belvedere PM. I like that the Sac Cap Vert has zipper top, but the shape of it seems a bit boxy on me. The Belvedere seems to lay flatter when worn crossbody, but I'm not crazy about the flap access. Anyone own both but have a preference for one over the other? Thank you!

I have both and don’t have a strong preference but I do use the cap vert slightly more frequently than the Belvedere. It’s easier to take things in and out imo because of its rectangular shape. The capacity of the Belvedere is somewhat restricted by the inner 2 pockets which do not lay flat.

The cap vert has a more casual look. I think the Belvedere looks prettier and stands out more. The flap doesn’t bother me-I slip the strap under the silver clasp which goes underneath the flap. It is super easy to open and does not wrinkle the leather.

I have both and don’t have a strong preference but I do use the cap vert slightly more frequently than the Belvedere. It’s easier to take things in and out imo because of its rectangular shape. The capacity of the Belvedere is somewhat restricted by the inner 2 pockets which do not lay flat.

The cap vert has a more casual look. I think the Belvedere looks prettier and stands out more. The flap doesn’t bother me-I slip the strap under the silver clasp which goes underneath the flap. It is super easy to open and does not wrinkle the leather.
Thank you for your insight. I agree that while the Cap Vert may be a little more functional the Belvedere is more eye catching. It will be a tough decision.

I’ve also owned both and preferred the cap vert much more, but I’m into boxy bags! It’s holds a lot more than the Belvedere and my leather clasp got wrinkled pretty quickly, sounds like I didn’t use it correctly?! I also agree that the Belvedere is dressier and looks nicer, but being a mom and older I tend to go with functionality more.

• Thanks
Reactions: charlottawill
I used to own a cap vert but sold it, in my case the bag kept going upside down (maybe because of how the strap is positioned and attached to the body of the bag?). Not sure if others have similar issue but that drove me nuts so I sold it.
The Belvedere is kinda on my list but I heard that the strap is kinda long? I’m only 5’1” so not sure if it’d hang too low on me.

I used to own a cap vert but sold it, in my case the bag kept going upside down (maybe because of how the strap is positioned and attached to the body of the bag?). Not sure if others have similar issue but that drove me nuts so I sold it.
The Belvedere is kinda on my list but I heard that the strap is kinda long? I’m only 5’1” so not sure if it’d hang too low on me.
Thank you! I had that concern when I tried a Cap Vert on.

Reactions: hikarupanda
I have the Belvedere only. Also 5 ft 1, the strap was definitely too long. I was going to get more holes punched but the leathersmith suggested to cut it short. I would need a lot of holes, it would end up looking very ridiculous haha

I thought it was just me!
I had this bag as well and often times found it upside down and myself forgetting that I didn’t zip it! Luckily nothing fell out by the time I realized it was unzipped and upside down!

I’m about to order my second cap vert. I have one in black and I tire of bags very very easily- I keep going back to the cap vert bc it fits quite a good amount of essentials and has a secure top. I’m 5’2 and I put the length on the last hole (so at its longest), and it’s perfect for me (hits right above the hip). Now just debating which color- wanted the green but got the distant sale email confirming they don’t have stock. Did you decide on what you’re getting yet? I feel the Belvedere’s opening is too annoying.

I'm debating between a Sac Cap Vert and a Belvedere PM. I like that the Sac Cap Vert has zipper top, but the shape of it seems a bit boxy on me. The Belvedere seems to lay flatter when worn crossbody, but I'm not crazy about the flap access. Anyone own both but have a preference for one over the other? Thank you!
So have you decided yet? I just ordered another cap vert (in white) today.

I had the Cap Vert and sold it because I was annoyed with the bag flipping upside down. I replaced it with a Belvedere which I love and is my go to crossbody. The strap takes a few days to get used to, but with the new design in the Belvedere 3 it very easy to slide the strap through the slot and I find it easier to close than a zip top crossbody.