S stamp on scarves

i've just been working on getting mine out. i think it'll take a few tries, but a fair bit did come out, and if you're careful it won't bleed. i have been taking pictures so when i'm done i'll post ;)

gracekelly, I think it's easy to miss details in some posts occasionally, I know I do it quite often :shame:

I can understand why the S removal can be a sensitive subject but sometimes those stamps a right nuisance for all the right reasons :lol: Because of the way I tie my scarves I tend to have at least one corner on show and some scarves have different design in each corner (GF, Cuirs du Desert and Turandot instantly spring to mind) so even a usual stamp on the fabric can be pretty annoying.

No problem!

annans, I'm curious to hear about you progress and see the pics. You are certainly spending your Friday night in a far more productve manner. The only thing I managed to make disappear tonight is a pain au chocolat M&S pudding thing (meant for two people!!) and a bottle of red while Mr L is out at a leaving do :shame: Although I did re-organise my shoes earlier :biggrin:

:roflmfao:

i already washed my mcqueen shagging scarf, it was so vile :yucky:

i wonder about the ink, because when i blotted it a bluey purple colour came out but it's not yellow or orange or even brown now, and it wasn't blue or purple to begin with :lol:

M&S pudding!!!! Gosh, how I miss M&S!!!!!!!!!

GG, I find these S stamps a nuisance too, they could maybe put them on the underside of the label, in a neat fashion. The sloppy ones really have to be removed, they detract from the beauty of the scarf.

Posted by Loony:
gracekelly, I think it's easy to miss details in some posts occasionally, I know I do it quite often :shame:
When I read the first post, I understood that the ink went thru to the other side.
She subsequently posted this:

they didn't let it dry and they folded the scarf and it got on other parts of the scarf.

I don't think that this warrants further discussion.

Yes, that scarf is pretty disgusting! Oh, did you meand the dirt? :wtf::roflmfao: I know what you mean though, scarves can get surprisingly dirty. Strange about the ink though.

Rose, M&S? Did you use live in UK? :biggrin:

Yes, I lived there for 20 years, worked in London, ate M&S for lunch everyday.. I miss it so!