Rumors of Department Store Chanel shakedown

Hi there, I contacted a Saks SA to try and reserve a 24C Minaudière, and she did refer to leased vs owned boutiques, so I believe the department stores are still leased. I did learn from a CHANEL boutique SA that the computer systems between the owned and leased boutiques merged about two years ago. Does anyone else know if this is correct?

Hi there, I contacted a Saks SA to try and reserve a 24C Minaudière, and she did refer to leased vs owned boutiques, so I believe the department stores are still leased. I did learn from a CHANEL boutique SA that the computer systems between the owned and leased boutiques merged about two years ago. Does anyone else know if this is correct?
Hi, as far as I know, this is correct. I mainly shop at Bloomies and Saks, and occasionally in boutique. I saw (I think last year) all my purchases in blomingdales system, including Saks and boutique.

Reactions: Rsalem79
I was in a NM Chanel and the SA was telling me that no one gets commission anymore from handbags. Only RTW and fine jewelry. This kind of surprised me. Wonder if that is why so many SA are not great and dismissive.
Super dismissive! I was just at Saks in NyC and there were several SA just standing around. I stood there for a long time without getting any help. Finally had one help me and she was incredibly slow and just aloof. She saved me money. Why bother buying a 10k bag with that kind of service.

Reactions: SouthTampa
I believe they have. They def knew my spending history when I shopped at local boutique. My long time and best SA ever retired. She was at a NM Chanel. She was old school. These younger SA suck lol

This probably isn’t the best thread to ask this question but not sure a whole thread needs to be dedicated to it. How do commissions work at Stand alone boutiques when there’s a transfer and what items are they willing to transfer?I read in one thread in the h forum that sas don’t get commission when there’s a transfer of Rtw. Does anyone know whether sas and the boutique receive commission and credit for fine jewelry transfers?

This probably isn’t the best thread to ask this question but not sure a whole thread needs to be dedicated to it. How do commissions work at Stand alone boutiques when there’s a transfer and what items are they willing to transfer?I read in one thread in the h forum that sas don’t get commission when there’s a transfer of Rtw. Does anyone know whether sas and the boutique receive commission and credit for fine jewelry transfers?

I believe the requesting SA gets the commission, the sending store just loses an item, so sometimes there's horse trading involved to get desired pieces. Usually stores hold on to popular items (classic jackets, trendy seasonal pieces, in demand sizes), so they will usually refuse those transfer requests. As far as fine jewelry, I think the requesting SA gets the commission for the sale.

What I was told recently from an awesome SA in shoes at NM right after Christmas, is that Chanel owns the stock (inventory), so they get commissions, but cannot get discount.

I said this earlier in the thread, but A LOT of companies are doing this. Hermes a long time ago IIRC, Gucci, VCA, etc...

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and SDC2003
I believe the requesting SA gets the commission, the sending store just loses an item, so sometimes there's horse trading involved to get desired pieces. Usually stores hold on to popular items (classic jackets, trendy seasonal pieces, in demand sizes), so they will usually refuse those transfer requests. As far as fine jewelry, I think the requesting SA gets the commission for the sale.
Hmmm yesterday I was at 51 Montaigne and requested a bag, that was at 42 Montaigne and took literal an hour for the the bag to arrive! I wonder if there was some intense negotiation going on hehehe glad I made it worth since I purchase it.