Rule against writing in huge font or caps?

I think it's hard because your eyes get used to reading a certain font/size and then there's the few random larger fonts and all caps and it's actually hard on some people's eyes to read IMO.

I must apologize. I write in all caps alot. I am an accountant and alot of my spreadsheets and software programs require all caps.. Alot of times When I am working at home, I take breaks and browse the forum so I am constantly back and forth and its a hassle to take off the caps and put them on each time. I do always note in my post that I am not yelling just working at the same time I am browsing.

whooops! Im guilty of this, as you see.

This is my normal font. Sometimes I accidently hit 4 instead of 3.

Someone did respond in a post that my response in this size gave her chills or something. She thought I was yelling at her I guess.

Im not....this is just easier for me to see. And its different then all the other black, veranda 2pt :supacool:

i don't like the ones like this

i DoN't LiKe ThE oNe'S lIkE tHiS tHey ArE hArD tO rEaD

not to mention hard to type I could be bothered to always type like that

Hey hey hey - I'm so sorry Label for typing in those alternate caps- I didn't know it offended so many people with my thread on "the smartest thing you've ever done"

I was in a silly mood and wanted to express myself ;)

The comment about the large font giving somebody the chills... reminded me of what I read in the paper yesterday... it said that the new 2012 London Olympic logo (which looks like a broken puzzle) was giving people epileptic shocks and was challenged for removal (didn't happen)! :wtf:

i think it's really irritating personally so i just don't read those posts so oh well. to each his own.

Well, there's a lot of things/people that irritate alot of people on here I guess. I personally think there are better things to worry about than someones font size! Very trivial in MY opinion.

i think it's really irritating personally so i just don't read those posts so oh well. to each his own.

Reading different sized fonts upsets my eyes...I don't mind if all the fonts are larger and I usually increase all text size on my browser. Then the larger fonts look absolutely huge, and when that happens I put the poster on my ignore list so I don't have to see the large print posts anymore.

I use this font size all the time. I like it. And at least 2 of the posters on here have sent me rude pm's a while back telling me to stop using it.

I don't take up space with pix of my animals or kids or bags like others do. And that's their choice. And the font size I use is mine.

Just wondering do you change the font to that every time you post or is there an option to have your font automatically changed? I like the custom font like that. I don't know why. I guess it add a little character to the posts instead of the normal standard font 97% of the board has. Your posts have always kind of stood out to me more, same with Shasta and her purple font. :P I posted a few times with a custom font but I got sick of changing it every time I posted or I just kept forgetting. You gals are pretty on top it to remember to change the font every time you post! :yes:

I dont have to change it every single time. But if I have to reboot my computer or whatever I have to reset it. I like the bigger fonts.

How do you keep it to stay? I like to use this red because it is easy to identify my posts....:tup:
I knew about the UpCaps writing being a no-no, but people griping about font size and color???? Jeez...:confused1:

I don't think Oh Donna!s font is disturbingly large, maybe I would've gotten a bit more annoyed if they were THIS SIZE, but at least for me, size 3 and 4 is doable - anything above would be uncomfortable and annoying to read IMO. What does annoy me (and I've ranted about this before), is when people Write Like This. Sorry, Short Example, But Yes, Like This. It's by far the most uncomfortable way of writing in my eyes. When I see users that have written like that, I skip reading their post, even though they might have insightful knowledge, because my eye and mind just can't handle it without getting dizzy..:rolleyes:

I find it difficult and sometimes even painful to my eyes with larger fonts and certain colors. Perhaps it's because I were bifocals, but I do get a seriously pain in my eyes with some of the colors. It's like having to reset my focus I guess.

I find people who use a lot of abbreviations and no punctuation just as annoying, but I don't say anything... I just put them on the ignore list and then they don't benefit from my years of wisdom.