Rouge vif ostrich...

ShyShy

O.G.
Nov 13, 2007
My SM ordered a rouge vif ostrich Kelly 28 for me but I am not sure when it will arrive. I was also told they have a rouge vif ostrich Lindy right now. Should I wait or get the Lindy as well? I have 3 Lindy 30s and this is a Lindy 26. I do not have a red Lindy and have been wanting to add one to my collection (but I was hoping to get a hard wearing leather like Clemence). I have several Kelly 28s as well but i definitely want a k28 in rouge vif ostrich. I'm wondering whether I should double up on this color... H price for ostrich bags where I am (compared to several years ago) have almost doubled!

My SM ordered a rouge vif ostrich Kelly 28 for me but I am not sure when it will arrive. I was also told they have a rouge vif ostrich Lindy right now. Should I wait or get the Lindy as well? I have 3 Lindy 30s and this is a Lindy 26. I do not have a red Lindy and have been wanting to add one to my collection (but I was hoping to get a hard wearing leather like Clemence). I have several Kelly 28s as well but i definitely want a k28 in rouge vif ostrich. I'm wondering whether I should double up on this color... H price for ostrich bags where I am (compared to several years ago) have almost doubled!
Oh my goodness that kelly sounds fabulous!! Wait for the kelly!! Don't double up on the same exact combo in a lindy...just my honest opinion...as i have limited funds and choose my bags very very carefully. ..

Sent from my LG-H820 using PurseForum mobile app

you know i just adore ostrich and rouge vif really gives the pore and skin a beautiful effect but heres the thing i don't love ostrich on lindys,because i adore how on lindys clemence for example folds layers and moves so beautifully where as ostrich i feel looks stiff and rather out of place on birkin kelly depeche or plume being that these are panel bags *as in front back and side panels are all separate pieces* i love the look. its just perfect very pristine and shapely as a skin so i would say wait for kelly. and yes ostrich bags are beyond expensive makes me so mad .........

Since you're heart is set on the Kelly... as it should be... I'd skip the Lindy in same combo. Lindy is so casual... go for clemence in another color dear. Better for that style.

Reactions: tafleischer
just adding here, not that i am for lindy, but with a size 26 the folds don't happen anyways. i totally agree that the ostrich skin is not plush and it keeps its shape, but for a 26 lindy it should not be a problem :flowers: i would say, check out the ostrich "dots". sometimes the pattern is very sparse and not that attractive. i personally like when the pattern is dense and concentrated

if you have the funds and want a rough vif lindy...i don't see why not double up :biggrin: but if you have limited funds, then just get the kelly rough vif ostrich :smile:

have fun!

just adding here, not that i am for lindy, but with a size 26 the folds don't happen anyways. i totally agree that the ostrich skin is not plush and it keeps its shape, but for a 26 lindy it should not be a problem :flowers: i would say, check out the ostrich "dots". sometimes the pattern is very sparse and not that attractive. i personally like when the pattern is dense and concentrated
Thanks honhon, I didn't even know L26 don't fold! I will try to make a trip to the boutique soon to have a look at the lindy.... I secretly hope I won't like it but I think my chances will be slim....

Reactions: honhon