Roger Vivier shoes

I just bought these from the Bal Harbour store (pics are from them)! They're being shipped to me next month. So excited!!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• calf_gommette2.JPG
    calf_gommette2.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 2,213
  • calf_gommette.JPG
    calf_gommette.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,070
HiromiT said:
I just bought these from the Bal Harbour store (pics are from them)! They're being shipped to me next month. So excited!!! :biggrin:

These are absolutely gorgeous! I have not seen black leather with a black buckle. Beautiful! Congrats!

Amazing bday gift from a very dear friend. I feel very blessed to have received such a wonderful gift :smile:

View attachment 1777944

Happy belated birthday! We are twins on the flats. I'm still kicking myself for passing on the tan Belle de Nuit at full price, you're lucky to have gotten at the sale.

I have the patent version of the flats, they are great!

Here are some pics of my RVs. I'm a big fan and I hope RV doesn't become overly popular. As it is, they are rather limited and hard to find as they have so few stores.

Attachments

• Gomma - noir&beige.jpg
    Gomma - noir&beige.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 2,089
  • Peep toe silver flats.jpg
    Peep toe silver flats.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 2,128
  • Belle du Nuit Ombre Python.jpg
    Belle du Nuit Ombre Python.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,925
Not your everyday shoes but these are STUNNING!! The fleur-de-lys motif is very pretty.

-------------------------------------------

Roger Vivier has collaborated with the East India Company on 'A Queen Forever', a 55-carat diamond-encrusted shoe formed featuring a fleur-de-lys constellation of an eye-watering 3,500 brilliant-cut flat diamonds

The phrase ‘fit for a queen' is bandied around with little restraint these days, but as far as footwear goes, Roger Vivier’s recent creation, debuted at the 'Brilliant' exhibition in this year’s Masterpiece London art, antiques and design fair, is the real deal.

Meet ‘A Queen Forever’, a 55-carat diamond-encrusted pair of shoes created by creative director Bruno Frisoni in celebration of the Queen’s diamond jubilee. The shoes themselves are nicely cobbled into royal history, as Roger Vivier, bringer of the era-defining stiletto to the women's fashion arena in 1954, was the very person who designed the shoes Elizabeth II wore for her 1953 coronation.

Back then, the pair appeared in golden kidskin leather and embellished with a ruby-inlaid heel and upper pattern ,which echoed the fleur-de-lys motif on the St Edward and Imperial State crowns. Now Frisoni's 21st century version, hand-crafted by Roger Vivier Maison in close collaboration with The East India Company, is a towering strappy black satin number - a modern personification of the royal classic, with its startling plummage of black feathers.

The fleur-de-lys motif, very much the pièce de résistance in the whole ensemble, is made of an eye-watering constellation of 3,500 brilliant-cut flat diamonds. Remarkably, the sandal's couture construction saw each stone being individually affixed to the shoe's upper with silk threads before the whole pattern was reinforced, rather than assembled together on a separate upper, and then attached to the sole.

The brand was first invited by exhibition curator and jewellery writer Carol Woolton to take part in the innovative 'Brilliant' exhibition in March - a not altogether easy deadline of three months, given a project of this undertaking. Not surprisingly, 17 artisans over at The East India Company - itself connected to both diamonds and royalty (most famously for mining and subsequently presenting the legendary Koh-I-Noor diamond to Queen Victoria in 1877) - worked flat out to create the diamond setting of Frisoni's vision.

Says Woolton: ‘Increasingly bags and shoes are becoming the new jewels, with designs highlighted by flashes of “costume” crystal butterflies, coral rosettes or silver stars, but Bruno Frisoni has used the “couture” embellishment, the diamond, to create a glittering jewel for the foot.'

Credit : http://www.wallpaper.com/fashion/a-queen-forever-shoes-by-roger-vivier/5914#65925

Attachments

• RogerVivier_PackShot_04-(3).jpg
    RogerVivier_PackShot_04-(3).jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,912
Last edited:
koalala said:
Is 65mm and 85 mm comfortable?? Im finding a pair of comfy pumps to invest in!!

85mm are great. I can walk all day. If you want togo lower, they make a 70mm in the classic comma heel shape and it is super super comfy.

Also, the square toe 45mm is really gorgeous and comfy at the same time for a slightly different look.

Your RVs are gorgeous!

Not your everyday shoes but these are STUNNING!! The fleur-de-lys motif is very pretty.

They've done the Fleur de Lys queen shoe in a few different colorways and varieties and I just adore them! They did a paillettes version with black paillettes that I ALMOST pulled the trigger on and then got a pair of CL's instead and I regret it every day. :sad:

willeyi said:
85mm are great. I can walk all day. If you want togo lower, they make a 70mm in the classic comma heel shape and it is super super comfy.

Also, the square toe 45mm is really gorgeous and comfy at the same time for a slightly different look.

Your RVs are gorgeous!

Thanks willeyi for the suggestion! Coz i am thinking to buy a pair of pumps at luisaviaroma.... Its way cheaper than hong kong!!!

ms piggy said:
Happy belated birthday! We are twins on the flats. I'm still kicking myself for passing on the tan Belle de Nuit at full price, you're lucky to have gotten at the sale.

Here are some pics of my RVs. I'm a big fan and I hope RV doesn't become overly popular. As it is, they are rather limited and hard to find as they have so few stores.

Ms piggy! I love ur RV collection!!! Stunning!!!

ms piggy - you have such a beautiful collection! My wishlist just got longer after seeing your pics. :P

How comfy are the Chip flats? Does the buckle ever rub against the top of your foot when you walk? I guess it all depends on one's gait...