RODENT INCIDENT WITH MJ SELMA (sob sob sob)

Thanks xi-captain, annabellet, Tadpolenyc, thestargarb.

Tad, do you really think so? I might try to take her to someone who repairs leather. But, I mean, it looks as if the blasted beast took a knife and just sliced pieces of her off and left it on the chair for me to find.

after looking at the pics some more, they should be able to mend the edges and make everything look "neater" for lack of a better word, or they might be able to dye another piece of leather to match in order to patch up the ragged ends? it couldn't hurt to try. it must be devasting to have your bag damaged like this especially when it's no fault of your own, but take it to an expert and see what they say. good luck! i'm sending good karma vibes your way. :flowers:

Oh no! How awful! I'm so sorry to hear about this.

But I would definitely try to see if you can get her repaired. Are there any good cobblers near you? I bet they'd be able to tell you where you can get leather repaired...

Oh no!! That's terrible.. I hope a good cobbler can fix that for you! Are you near a city of some sort that would have a reputable cobbler?

I think rodents are an unfortunate addition to apartments in urban cities... not much you can do with them if you're living in the city.

I am soooo sorry! :cry:

My husband and I recently realized that we also had rodents when his nicotine tablets started to disappear. (Hubby is trying to quick smoking). Anyway, we set traps and got a few. One mouse went into the trap with his little stolen nicotine tablet. I felt a little sorry for him/her, after all, it is horrible to be a rodent and then to also be addicted to nicotine. But now after hearing you awful story, I am setting more traps. :rant:

Ladies, thank you all very much for your support!!! I'll see if I can get this baby repaired...not sure if there's a reputable cobbler in town, I might have to send it out.

Divas - Fortunately, I keep all of my handbags in their sleeper and inside a cedar chest for safekeeping. So, Selma is the only one damaged.

Poor selma! Darn rats! Looking at the damage, it doesn't look SO bad, I think she can be repaired. We had a rat in the garage, but sent my brave kitty down to take care of it. Luckily kitty didn't eat the rodent, and we saw its lifeless body just laying there....eek!!!:noggin: Good luck with selma!

Tthanks luvpurses, I know she's just sooo lovely and sooo young to have suffer such tragedy. DH is mortified and promised to buy me another one. I'm feeling ever so slightly better but still a bit squeamish from the shock.

by the way, happy birthday to you.

Oh honey, you're so sweet to still recognize my birthday in the middle all of your sadness. You're too kind.

I especially empathize with you because I have the Selma Tote in the same color. We were part of the same Taupe Selma family! I just hope you can get this fixed good as new or maybe find another since DH has offered to replace her. Keep us posted spajunky!! ~~HUGS~~:flowers:

Ladies, thank you all very much for your support!!! I'll see if I can get this baby repaired...not sure if there's a reputable cobbler in town, I might have to send it out.

Divas - Fortunately, I keep all of my handbags in their sleeper and inside a cedar chest for safekeeping. So, Selma is the only one damaged.

Spaj,

You need to schedule a day at the spa to relax. *Hugs*