ripped lining?!

I think most of the problems are with the pirata, amore, and AS bags. To me those prints were terrible quality. The fabric being so stiff and the zippers are crap.

Totally agree...my Pirate has given me nothing but heartache....must do surgery on Qee, I didn't use superglue on mine, I use a hobby contact glue- it has worked so far...

Super duper cute!!! Is it yours or is it on display at the museum??
sorry to interrupt the thread!! :back2topic:

Ashely - What do you think you're going to do with your bag? Glue it, sew it, try to return it? :confused1:

ooh, thanks for the suggestion danelys!
it sounds like something i'd be much more confident using, too.

No problem...;).. that's the best fabric glue IMO.. It's easy to use, and you can touch it and not fear having your fingers glued together. I make hair clips and that's the glue I use to glue the ribbon to the clips. And I also used that glue to repair one of my mom's fav skirts that just ripped, and sewing it wouldnt have fixed it. I swear by that glue, trust me... :yes:

have you tried craft glue on the qee, and a taylor or seamstress shld be able to repair the rip...the lesportsac bags tend to not have enough fabric on the other side of the seam...thats why they rip...cheapest complany ever!

have you tried craft glue on the qee, and a taylor or seamstress shld be able to repair the rip...the lesportsac bags tend to not have enough fabric on the other side of the seam...thats why they rip...cheapest complany ever!

thanks for the tips! I broke my Adios qee just a few days ago! I tried the super clue but it's not so super! It keeps breaking!

Since the tear is at the seam area I'd get it professionally sewn back if I were you, do not use glue nor adhesives on the fabric because if you load your bag up, the bottom will just put stress on the threads on the top and that's how it will tear again.

I think most of the problems are with the pirata, amore, and AS bags. To me those prints were terrible quality. The fabric being so stiff and the zippers are crap.

Stiffer fabric is good! It means the nylon has higher denier, if you'd look at all the expensive high tech hiking backpacks they are made with high denier/density nylon to withstand extreme temperatures and abuse through rough usage.

If you're familiar with Lesportsac bags, you'd know this is a common problem with their choice of materials used. I had my first LS bag when I was 3, back then the bags were made in US and not China, yet their so called ripstop nylon always ripped. Over the years I've been given LS bags as gifts and I noticed those with bold prints tend to bleed, as in colors run out of the outlines after a while of usage, or contact with water. Zippers always had problems, linings usually tore up because they were too thin. I think they are bags made to use and throw, priced so low nobody in their right mind would keep them for too long.

I'm told the new LS bags in Boutique are made of improved fabrics, and zippers are pvc instead of metal so they don't jam.

The performance of an item is usually determined by the presence of a warranty. I've worked in the fashion industry for some years and noticed brands like Montblanc, LV, Tiffany etc have at least 1 year to lifetime warranties on all their products. This means that the company is dead serious about the quality of their products and is committed to your long-term satisfaction.

It costs a manufacturer quite a bit for a warranty program, from stocking up on spare parts to tailoring services and money-back guarantees. To keep their costs down, if they offer one, they would maintain high standards on their products at all times, to ensure that their customers don't keep coming back for repairs. However if they know their product keeps failing, they would rather not offer warranty. All Lesportsac bags do not have warranties and their Tokis are of no exception.