Rick Owens Lovers Thread

Sammyjoe

O.G.
Apr 19, 2007
I have hankered for a Rick Owens since Jan and with advice from Annanas and a link posted by Susie I took the plunge:smile:

I ordered on Friday and it came on Monday, so pretty fast. The price was also cheaper than London prices so I thought why not!

Its black, 44 - I tried on the 42 and it was perfect wearing a thin jumper, but I thought it would be nice to have a bit of space for thicker long jumpers in the winter months. I might get a shadow 42 later.

Anyway, on with the pics.

Attachments

• RO Jacket 002.jpg
    RO Jacket 002.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 4,413
  • RO Jacket 003.jpg
    RO Jacket 003.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 4,400
  • RO Jacket 005.jpg
    RO Jacket 005.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 4,500
  • RO Jacket 006.jpg
    RO Jacket 006.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 4,325
yay for a RO thread! here are my two :shame:

IMG_7544.jpg

IMG_7545.jpg

and my newest addition - terrible photo since it's pretty difficult to do a mod pic with an SLR yourself without distorting the shoulders, and there was no daylight at the time :Push:

RO.jpg

the first one isn't proper black, more dusky/slightly greyish/greeny i guess, but the second one is definitely solid black.

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I bought the famed RO moto jacket about 2 years ago. LOVE IT!!!!! Has anyone else noticed that the price of this piece changes from season to season? When I bought it, it was around $2600. Less than a year later, it was $2,065 and stayed at that price for like 6 months (this was the retail price, not on sale). Now it's back up to $2675! Bizarre.

i was wondering about that too, but i think the s/s styles are thinner and also a bit cheaper. where you get it can make a big difference too, but i think generally a/w jackets are more expensive and have a thicker lining, certainly my first one which is an a/w jacket is a fair bit more substantial than my s/s one that i just got.

^^^ Huh! I guess that's possible! I just assumed it was the same jacket from season to season because it *looked* the same on Net-A-Porter both seasons, but that's good to know that your s/s and a/w jackets are vary in thickness -- it would be a very reasonable explanation for the price difference!

^ I just looked at the tag and the jacket I have says A/W 10 on it, so I guess its a winter one. I have found LVR to be just like NAP in terms of speed in delivery and packaging etc. I saved £400 - $650ish by going with LVR instead of NAP.

Congrats on your new jacket Sammyjoe!!

I love that shouldered jacket annanas :graucho:

I have a couple of leather jackets from past seasons and I bought this RO black shearling jacket a couple of weeks ago. I went up a size (from my usual 40 to a 42) because the shoulders were tiny. The pic isn't me ;)

Attachments

• img-thing.jpg
    img-thing.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 4,308
Thanks Straight laced! I love your new RO shearling jacket, it looks so cozy, and keeping the same classic side zip!!!

I have no idea why RO's prices changes so much KirstyDarling, I just remember them selling out as soon as they came into stock

Sammyjoe, I wish I had not clicked on this thread, I adore the one you posted from lvr. I am normally at size 42 in most things, so if in the future I were to get one would you recommend a size 44, I do not like lest her jackets tight on me?