Rhinoplasty/nose job questions

wow i love this thread.. i am also looking to get this procedure done.. but have a huge problem.. i cant take too much time off work.. the most i can take is 10 days.. and im an airline pilot so i dont know if i will be able to fly in 10 days after a surgery.. anybody have any answers?? ive been wanting this for sooo long...and btw "rose tears" you look gorgeous .. how many days after the surgery were the pics taken??

Rose Tears, you are really cute and you have a lovely nose. It looked lovely also before (it was little and nice). If everything goes well, I think my before/after will be more drastic than yours (I had a wide tip nose).
Ashsin, I think 10 days is the minimum "period in bed". It depends on you and your recovery time. In 15 days they say that you can come back to your normal life. You can't go around with the splint on your face...and you have to keep it 10 days.
For me today is the third day, and my throat still hurts a lot. The bruises on my eyes, in some areas are changing to yellow, this means that are healing.
My face is less swollen, but I still feel like having a flu...

I'm wondering how those of you who got your nose done (recently or in the past) dealt with not picking your nose??? lol... it's a bit of a silly question, but I'm very serious too. For me, I HATE the feeling of a plugged up and crusty nose filled with boogers (which is not the same feeling as a stuffed nose like when you get a cold, this I can deal with) so I have to clean everything out perfectly in the morning and at night lol. I recently made plans for a rhinoplasty in July, but this is probably the only thing that I'll have trouble with lol.

I'm wondering how those of you who got your nose done (recently or in the past) dealt with not picking your nose??? lol... it's a bit of a silly question, but I'm very serious too. For me, I HATE the feeling of a plugged up and crusty nose filled with boogers (which is not the same feeling as a stuffed nose like when you get a cold, this I can deal with) so I have to clean everything out perfectly in the morning and at night lol. I recently made plans for a rhinoplasty in July, but this is probably the only thing that I'll have trouble with lol.

haha for me, after the tubes came out on day 3 i used a flashlight to see what I was doing (I didn't want to disturb any sutures) and some warm saltwater..and Q-tips. and gently clean away any mucous and other stuff...crustyness LOL I posted a good irrigation technique that has been my salvation these past few days if you want to go see it. The link is in my signature.

Rose Tears, you are really cute and you have a lovely nose. It looked lovely also before (it was little and nice). If everything goes well, I think my before/after will be more drastic than yours (I had a wide tip nose).
Ashsin, I think 10 days is the minimum "period in bed". It depends on you and your recovery time. In 15 days they say that you can come back to your normal life. You can't go around with the splint on your face...and you have to keep it 10 days.
For me today is the third day, and my throat still hurts a lot. The bruises on my eyes, in some areas are changing to yellow, this means that are healing.
My face is less swollen, but I still feel like having a flu...

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better :smile: And thank you for the compliments! I will still see changes for quite awhile yet, there is still a bunch of swelling left (it's only been 12 days!). the tip will get a bit smaller, as will the bridge of my nose get a little narrower. So I am looking forward to that.

I would hope you aren't in bed for 10 days! It's good to get up and move around a bit, it helps with your recovery. Hot tea is great for your throat. I didn't have that with this surgery, but when I had my jaw surgery I experienced the sore throat from intubation and anesthesia as you are. It's tough.

Have you taken any pictures?

wow i love this thread.. i am also looking to get this procedure done.. but have a huge problem.. i cant take too much time off work.. the most i can take is 10 days.. and im an airline pilot so i dont know if i will be able to fly in 10 days after a surgery.. anybody have any answers?? ive been wanting this for sooo long...and btw "rose tears" you look gorgeous .. how many days after the surgery were the pics taken??

Thank you girl! :smile: My before pictures were the night before, my after pictures were taken just 10 days after (counting surgery day as day 1). As for work, I don't see why you couldn't return to work after 10 days or so, as long as you are VERY careful not to let anything hit your face! The bones will be unstable for a good 2-3 months atleast. My Dr. said not til 6 months for your nose to withstand a bump to the face and not bother you or make it crooked to be safe. My splint was taken off on day 9...most are taken off either by day 10 or before. I still went out before then, kinda scared some people haha but ya gotta do what you gotta do when you need something at the store! :smile:

haha for me, after the tubes came out on day 3 i used a flashlight to see what I was doing (I didn't want to disturb any sutures) and some warm saltwater..and Q-tips. and gently clean away any mucous and other stuff...crustyness LOL I posted a good irrigation technique that has been my salvation these past few days if you want to go see it. The link is in my signature.

your nose looks beautiful! congrats! not that it wasn't nice before, I actually thought the tiny lil bump looked cute on ya:yes:, but now it's like... perfection! lol
thanks for the nose-squirting recipe!!! LOL! I must try this when I get my nose done! lol

I had my nose done 26 years ago...when I was 15 (yes...15!) I had a horrible bump on the bridge that all the kids in school would call me 'eagle beak'. It got so bad that I just didn't want to go to school anymore. My parents saw the effect it was having on me and were kind enough to do something about it. I had it done over Christmas time that year, and it was the greatest thing I ever done.
Although the only bad part was when the doctor took a little hammer and cracked the bridge of my nose, I only felt pressure. My recovery was pretty quick and now my nose is 'cute'. Here is a picture of me and my new nose:
BradinFL086.jpg

Yours came out great! Were you awake during the surgery? How did you feel when he broke your nose? I was out cold for my first surgery with the bone breaking and when they revised my tip I was heavily dose on demarol and don't recall much at all except trying to bite my surgeon's finger.

I took off about 10 days but I had an office job. I really would ask your doctor. Are you planning on doing anything that will have bones broken or just your tip? When I had my bones broken it really whiped me out but the revision, which was just the tip, wasn't nearly as bad.

I actually had to swab out my nose with Q-tips for a while, which is like mega nose picking. I've never seen so much crap come out of my nose!

I am just wondering...What is the cost of getting rhinoplasty? I am hoping since I will be working in a hospital soon I can get coverage lol.

When I had mine it was about $6000 for everything, but that was 15 years ago.

And RoseTears, yours looks great!

thanks people for the reply.... im not sure if i need to get my bones broken.. i have a tiny hump which i need to remove and would like to lift the tip a bit.. hmm should ask my doc all these questions when i finally get the nerve to doing it... :smile:

Zophie, when I had mine done, looking back it seemed to be very primitive. He stuck cotton up my nose with pure cocaine (for real!) and stuck needles around the whole nose to numb the area. I was awake for the whole procedure. I felt him 'chiseling' and that was a very weird sensation...my brain was rattling! I just remember a lot of pressure, but no real pain. Recovery wasn't so bad. I would do it again as the results were sooo worth it...did wonders for my self esteem!

And thank you, RoseTears, for that nice compliment ;)

Ima_lurker, I totally understand what you went through, though now I'm 18 & still waiting to get one! Waking up, nevermind being awake the entire procedure is a scary thought. I hope I don't have one of those complications!

You're so lucky to have had yours done at 15.

& you're super cute, no matter what shape your nose! You're so pretty.