Return policy for Coach reduced to 30 days

lizmil

O.G.
Dec 30, 2007
I ordered some of the new Pac-man items, which they wouldn't let you hold, you had to pay for (unless picking up on the same day).

The SA informed me that as of this past Sunday the return period is reduced to 30 days.

Sent from my SM-G930V using PurseForum mobile app

I ordered some of the new Pac-man items, which they wouldn't let you hold, you had to pay for (unless picking up on the same day).

The SA informed me that as of this past Sunday the return period is reduced to 30 days.

This is so weird! I called my outlet Weds. and told them about the Pac-man items that came damaged (well, defective, really) from FOS, and she said she could hold some for 48 hours under my name, so I'm picking them up tonight. Maybe if I asked for longer than 48 hours they'd have made me pay...?

Well, first I asked her if they had a lot of them (deciding whether I should take my chances waiting till I could come in tonight, etc.), and she offered to find me "good" ones to hold (i.e. the ghosts weren't faded). I guess every store is different, but it sounds like your store is more strict. I thought 48 hours was the norm - a few weeks ago the other local outlet in my area held an emoji bag charm for me when I stupidly left the store w/o it and had non-buyer's remorse :smile:

They didn't tell me about the return period changing to 30 days, but I believe it.... the rumors were flying in the return policy thread a couple weeks back!

I ordered some of the new Pac-man items, which they wouldn't let you hold, you had to pay for (unless picking up on the same day). The SA informed me that as of this past Sunday the return period is reduced to 30 days.

This is so weird! I called my outlet Weds. and told them about the Pac-man items that came damaged (well, defective, really) from FOS, and she said she could hold some for 48 hours under my name, so I'm picking them up tonight.
Well, first I asked her if they had a lot of them (deciding whether I should take my chances waiting till I could come in tonight, etc.), and she offered to find me "good" ones to hold (i.e. the ghosts weren't faded). I guess every store is different, but it sounds like your store is more strict. I thought 48 hours was the norm - a few weeks ago the other local outlet in my area held an emoji bag charm for me when I stupidly left the store w/o it and had non-buyer's remorse :smile: They didn't tell me about the return period changing to 30 days, but I believe it.... the rumors were flying in the return policy thread a couple weeks back!
Some time ago I went to the outlet and purchased a deleted FP bag, which they had 2 of. When I got home I realized that I should have bought the second bag for my daughter for Christmas. I called over there and asked if they could hold the bag for me and was told they would only hold it for an hour! :annoyed: (And I live 40 minutes away.)This was after I had just spent hundreds of dollars in there! I used to frequent the outlet on a weekly basis, but things like this got me to where I never go over there anymore. I might go in there once or twice a year now.

Reactions: SakuraSakura

A few of us heard that was coming. Just checked FP website and it does now say 30 days. I wonder what happens if you purchased before the change...the last time they changed it they gave those people extra time. I guess their policies typically say "subject to change" :smile:.

A few of us heard that was coming. Just checked FP website and it does now say 30 days. I wonder what happens if you purchased before the change...the last time they changed it they gave those people extra time. I guess their policies typically say "subject to change" :smile:.
Well, I certainly hope they honor the 60 policy if it was purchased under that one! I have a wristlet I am returning tonight that will be at 59 days.... oooooooh, I'm bad, I know. I think they had some issues back in the day because it went from unlimited returns to 60 days, but this shouldn't cause them too much trouble, right?
It's just that I bought the Pac-man wristlet and since it's not the 'perfect' size for my phone and all, I realize I don't need another of the same size when the Pac-man one is so whimsical!

Yes, if you purchased before it changed (your receipt has the 60 day policy), then you are good, according to my SA. I don't mind this as it is plenty of time to know if I like something :smile:.

Reactions: Sarah03
I agree that 30 days is long enough to decide if you like something, although it can make gift giving a little tricky. Can something be exchanged after 30 days for store credit?
It's good that they shortened it though, I'm sure they were tired of getting tons of returns from resellers who couldn't make a profit on something and decided to return instead after months of holding onto things. I've worked retail in the past and saw a lot of that at places like Nordstrom.

Reactions: ildera5
Are they discontinuing free returns as well? I started packing up my hologram tote to ship back and there is no free return shipping label through UPS. It's the same form you get from when you order from FOS. Has the address but you must pay shipping.

I agree that 30 days is long enough to decide if you like something, although it can make gift giving a little tricky. Can something be exchanged after 30 days for store credit?
It's good that they shortened it though, I'm sure they were tired of getting tons of returns from resellers who couldn't make a profit on something and decided to return instead after months of holding onto things. I've worked retail in the past and saw a lot of that at places like Nordstrom.
I believe that last year around the holidays they had an extended return policy. Although now that it is almost the holidays it doesn't make sense to change the policy and then change it again. That would be terrible to buy a Christmas present in November and the recipient wouldn't be allowed to return it.

Reactions: lizmil
Hopefully they do not get any shorter than 30 days. I typically can only get to the malls where Coach stores are about twice a month on the weekends. I know some stores make the return period so short you can barely post it back in time if ordered online, which is obviously on purpose. I would hate to see Coach shorter than 30 days. I was surprised that KS is also 30 days.

Maybe gift receipts are longer, like Barnes and Noble books. That way your gift recipient has time to receive and return.

Are they discontinuing free returns as well? I started packing up my hologram tote to ship back and there is no free return shipping label through UPS. It's the same form you get from when you order from FOS. Has the address but you must pay shipping.
I just returned something last week and it had the free return label with it.

I just looked at my receipt from the outlet. It says "Holiday Returns: Purchases made beginning Saturday, 10/08/16, can be returned through Sunday, 1/08/17.

Yes, if you purchased before it changed (your receipt has the 60 day policy), then you are good, according to my SA. I don't mind this as it is plenty of time to know if I like something :smile:.

That would be a bummer for me as far as gifts. I go to the outlet about a month before Christmas and then again the beginning of February. 65 miles one way makes it difficult to go too often. Shrug. I think I will stick closer to home. lol