Reporting Fakes on eBay: Three Ways

In order to try to decide whether to buy Chanel earrings and chain belts on eBay I have asked for clear photographs of the back to be uploaded. Some ignor the request so I remove them from my watch list. But on at least three occasions they have suggested sending me the pictures to my private email. I find that odd and am not happy to give out my personal email. I wonder if this is because eBay won't then be able to see that immunization if ou later have to seek help from them. What do people think?

In order to try to decide whether to buy Chanel earrings and chain belts on eBay I have asked for clear photographs of the back to be uploaded. Some ignor the request so I remove them from my watch list. But on at least three occasions they have suggested sending me the pictures to my private email. I find that odd and am not happy to give out my personal email. I wonder if this is because eBay won't then be able to see that immunization if ou later have to seek help from them. What do people think?
Hi, when seller's are trying to save money on adding more images seller's offer the option of additional images being emailed. In today's current climate and eBay and PayPal costs sometimes it is a way of keeping expenses down, although i guess there are unscrupulousness sellers they may be using this to there advantage but the majority of sellers are just offering an extra option. You could accept the images, examine pictures in closer detail and if you feel the email sender doggy block them in you r email list.

Goldfish1018 said:

I buy things on eBay this way all the time.
Usually I'm pretty certain due to the initial pics that the item is authentic but I ask for back-up pictures to be sure.
I have a specific email account set up for eBay completely separate from my personal email.

Hi everyone, seriously has anyone else noticed the increasing number of fakes selling on ebay lately. There are many sellers that list designer replicas as preowned or new with out tags to try and hide the fake they are selling fakes. How stupid are these people! It makes it hard for us authentic sellers doing the right thing as many people do not trust ebay to purchase authentic designer brands. Does anyone patrol the listings and report fakes? I know I do but it doesn't seem to stop them. They appear in a few days with a different user id and start selling again.:P

Hi everyone, seriously has anyone else noticed the increasing number of fakes selling on ebay lately. There are many sellers that list designer replicas as preowned or new with out tags to try and hide the fake they are selling fakes. How stupid are these people! It makes it hard for us authentic sellers doing the right thing as many people do not trust ebay to purchase authentic designer brands. Does anyone patrol the listings and report fakes? I know I do but it doesn't seem to stop them. They appear in a few days with a different user id and start selling again.:P

I am with you on this Faithicles, it is totally frustrating... I know on Australian ebay the amount of fakes is out of control, especially with Jimmy Choo, Louboutin etc... and it seems no matter how many are reported the sellers are simply allowed to relist the shoes. grrrr :wacko:

I wish ebay actually took the whole situation with counterfeits seriously but seems they are happy to make money off the sale of fakes, which is a shame for honest sellers out there.

Seller : hightechworld925
Brand New Longchamp Autour de Ha Le pliage Tote bag Brown Large
item No: 190695285527
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Lo...item2c66532317

Brand New Longchamp Le Pliage Nylon Tote Bag Black Size Large
Item number: 190694926042
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Lo...item2c664da6da

seller : simplifiedpc227
Item number: 261051957621
Brand New Longchamp Le Pliage Nylon Tote Bag Lavender Size Large
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Lo...item3cc7e8c175

Item number: 261053327154
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-Lo...item3cc7fda732

I almost sure both eBay account belong same person, and they aren't in Canada. now ruin our Canada market make Canadian looks bad. their listing all over in eBay page.

hightechworld925 and simplifiedpc227
I checked their feedback, I realise both ebay account is belong same person, in each account the first feedback is same.play fake feedback.
Raw Food Made Easy by Jennifer Cornbleet (2005, Paperback) (#261042578388)
Raw Food Made Easy by Jennifer Cornbleet (2005, Paperback) (#190692561340)

I checked their listing, they list " Tree of life" in bilberry again,
and autour de ha le pliage in " ice gray". I confirm with longchamp, they said never come with those colors.

and still lots buyer bid on their fake longchamp item. how we report it? please login eBay account to report it

Mods, feel free to move this to the correct place, maybe I should have put it in the main ebay forum???

From another board, I have to share this!!! I wish I could take credit, but alas, I never knew there was more than one way, and its great because way #3 allows you to put in your information as to why, etc...

I am really happy about this, I only ever did number 1! We can do all three for one item. Its not that time consuming, and YAY, for those heinous fakes it seems a good investment of a little time.

Scenario 1: Report as a counterfeit
Step 1: Select "Counterfeits and copyright violations"
Step 2: Select "Potential trademark infringement"
Step 3: Select "Counterfeit clothing..."
Click on "Continue"
When next page appears, click on "Email us"
When next page appears, click on "Send"
After email is sent, go back to the first reporting screen.

Scenario 2: Report as listing violation
Step 1: Select "Listing policy violations"
Step 2: Select "Misleading title"
Step 3: Select "Intentionally misleading or deceptive titles"
Click on "Continue"
When next page appears, click on "Email us"
When next page appears, click on "Send"
After email is sent, go back to the first reporting screen.

Scenario 3: Report as fraud
Step 1: Select "Fraudulent listings"
Step 2: Select "You suspect that a listing is fraudulent but you didn't bid"
Step 3: This box contains a message telling you to click on "Continue".
Click on Continue
When the next page appears, click on "Email us".
When the next page appears, you will see a box with the item number already input and a box titled ""Enter your question/concern". Write your reasons for believing that the article is fraudulent. ... I include the facts and language stating that the article is a fake, the seller is a fraudster and that eBay is complicit by allowing the seller to continue to list items.
Great it is becoming such a problem