Regarding Buying Used LV bags.......

If I didn't buy used, I would never be able to get some of the wonderful limited editions that have already gone by (being a latecomer to LV.) And without this wonderful forum to authenticate, I wouldn't have the guts to actually buy it. I would be too afraid of getting scammed. But this way, I can find some lovely treasures, and buy new lovelies too!

The best of both worlds.

Well, I know I'm talking about people other than family and friends (well, true ones anyways). But how do you deal with coworkers and people that are not so close?

i've gotten coworkers who comment "wow, they must pay you alot!" when they see the bags i take to work. and for awhile it got to the point where i didn't take my LVs to work anymore. :sad: so now, whenever they say something to me, i just say "can't you tell the fakes from the real ones?" :P

and i just leave them hanging and let them ponder over it themselves. they usually come back and say "that's not a fake is it?" and then i just shrug. :devil:

the bottom line is that people will always make assumptions about people who carry LVs thinking they are the richest people on the planet when most of us have to work hard to afford one to hang from our arms or shoulders!

i've gotten coworkers who comment "wow, they must pay you alot!" when they see the bags i take to work. and for awhile it got to the point where i didn't take my LVs to work anymore. :sad: so now, whenever they say something to me, i just say "can't you tell the fakes from the real ones?" :P

and i just leave them hanging and let them ponder over it themselves. they usually come back and say "that's not a fake is it?" and then i just shrug. :devil:

the bottom line is that people will always make assumptions about people who carry LVs thinking they are the richest people on the planet when most of us have to work hard to afford one to hang from our arms or shoulders!

Very well put. I'll have to use that line one day. ;)

luckily I'm the only LV freak I know but if people wanted to get all on me about authenticity I would give them my little "diva look" and let them have it. The main point I would make is that it is none of their business.

but i'm a total b-word so that's just me..lol

jk i'm oh-so-sweet! :flowers:

i get a lot of that too but i just shrug it off knowing i know better. after all, it's not their money i buy my purses with. i have every right to buy my purses from wherever or whomever i want for as long as i am content with what i am getting. if i should end up with a counterfeit, that would be my problem and not theirs, anyway. honestly, to me it just boils down to envy... like them telling you "why buy on ebay for cheap... you can't afford a new one, can you?" just because they can't buy one for themselves.