Red Carpet Manicure

From the mini article I found:
Red Carpet Manicure, LLC, managed by two former Coty Beauty Executives, Barry Shields and Bruce Kowalsky, announced today the launch of Red Carpet Manicure, an LED gel polish manicure and pedicure system that brings the professional salon experience to the masses with a simple and effective at-home application that is ready within minutes.
Found HERE.

Another longer article HERE.

I'm excited about this! My nail polish chips so easily it's ridiculous. I hope this works like it says it does!

If it is anything like Gelish, Shellac, or any other SOG, it does work! I have never been able to keep regular polish on for more than a day or 2. With SOG's, I get 2 weeks out of every manicure! AND my nails are in the best shape of my life.

I couldn't find any other info on line that hasn't already been posted here, except that it is supposed to be available in September and that the colors will retail for $9.99.

I couldn't find any other info on line that hasn't already been posted here, except that it is supposed to be available in September and that the colors will retail for $9.99.

Found this on their Facebook page posted yesterday:

Red Carpet Manicure
You should be able to find product in the Ulta stores by the end of the month

I went to Ulta today and asked the guy checking me out about the Red Carpet Manicure. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. And he was the MANAGER! At first he thought I was mistaken, then when I told him more about it he realized I wasn't. He was embarrassed that a customer knew more about it then he did. He said he was going to go research it in case anyone else asked. I was thinking "September isn't that far away!"

I went to Ulta today and asked the guy checking me out about the Red Carpet Manicure. He had absolutely no idea what I was talking about. And he was the MANAGER! At first he thought I was mistaken, then when I told him more about it he realized I wasn't. He was embarrassed that a customer knew more about it then he did. He said he was going to go research it in case anyone else asked. I was thinking "September isn't that far away!"

I find that employees in these stores are not told about new products in advance. Before Sally's got Gelish, I asked the manager about it and she had no idea what I was talking about. A few days later the Gelish display was in the store. I think they get a shipment and set it up and that may be the first time they wee aware of a new product.

I find that employees in these stores are not told about new products in advance. Before Sally's got Gelish, I asked the manager about it and she had no idea what I was talking about. A few days later the Gelish display was in the store. I think they get a shipment and set it up and that may be the first time they wee aware of a new product.

I have to disagree. These are things that were advertised to the public. It makes the employees and store look unprofessional and lacking knowledge about anything. I think it ruins the credibility. I wouldn't want to ask their opinions on anything they carry!

I've worked in many different places, from pet stores to vets offices, waiting tables, nursing, retail.... We never got in new products without having information and "inservices" on them so we could educate ourselves and the customers (or in my present job the patients). I personally just find it hard to believe these stores don't offer any information to their managers and employees.

I agree. The two Sally's stores that I visited (one where I live and one out in Palm Springs), knew nothing about the product or whether they would carry it, not the manager of a brand new store, or any of the employees in either store. Sally's needs to upgrade their level of communication with those on the front lines in MHO.

I have to disagree. These are things that were advertised to the public. It makes the employees and store look unprofessional and lacking knowledge about anything. I think it ruins the credibility. I wouldn't want to ask their opinions on anything they carry!s.
You are absolutely right. If the store employees do not know anything about these products how will the general public be successful with sog's. We all know how much you need to know In order to be able to obtain the promised results.

You are absolutely right. If the store employees do not know anything about these products how will the general public be successful with sog's. We all know how much you need to know In order to be able to obtain the promised results.

When my Sally's stores got the gelish in (wasn't even out on the rack yet) and I bought some, they were very careful to make sure I had all the supplies I needed, a light (and the right type, since I said I already had one), how to apply it, etc. The SA and manager were quite knowledgable, and there's no way they learned all about it overnight. They were impressed that I knew So much about it already.

At the very least the managers need to know what's going on ahead of time. Once the products come in they seem to know all about it, so I don't get the seeming secrecy of carrying a new item. When I go into a store and am asked if they can help me, I expect to get knowledgeable advice. I wish that's what I really got!