Recruit Leather Saddle Bag?

I thought I posted this but I must have forgotten to hit post reply. My question is for those of you who've had the recruit for a while--do you find it too heavy? I love the bag but wanted to know...

I thought I posted this but I must have forgotten to hit post reply. My question is for those of you who've had the recruit for a while--do you find it too heavy? I love the bag but wanted to know...

It's heavier than the Natasha style that it appears to have replaced, but not unbearably so. I feel like the weight and the width of the strap actually kind of helped it stay on my shoulder better during quick errands -- my Natasha had a habit of sliding off.

I'm eyeing this bag but I'm also concerned about its weight - my physio said to downsize from my MBMJ Lil Ukita. Do you all think it is lighter, heavier or same? I'm so used to the squishy softness of the Lil Ukita but I cram it until bursting and need something smaller.

Are also any of you concerned that the saddle bag shape is too 'now'? Or just me? *insecure*

I have to say, the teal colour looks amazing on screen across the range.

Last edited:
I'm eyeing this bag but I'm also concerned about its weight - my physio said to downsize from my MBMJ Lil Ukita. Do you all think it is lighter, heavier or same? I'm so used to the squishy softness of the Lil Ukita but I cram it until bursting and need something smaller.

Are also any of you concerned that the saddle bag shape is too 'now'? Or just me? *insecure*

I have to say, the teal colour looks amazing on screen across the range.
Definitely heavier than the MbMJ bags. It is more structured and that seems to add weight. However, it does have a wider shoulder strap to disperse the load.

Maybe compare the weight of the small and large one? I don't know if there is a big difference... I own the large one and with all my stuff in it's not too heavy, but it is heavier than the ukita. As mentionned above, the large strap does help

I just got my black saddle bag and I absolutely love it! There are already pics of it on here so I figured I didn't need to take any. I have a question though, I originally wanted a satchel but was enticed by the nordstrom sale on this bag. I got it and absolutely love it, I think it's adorable. It's structured enough that it can stand on it's own without falling over like other cross body bags I have. I had an idea though, I think with the way it is structured I could definitely turn this into a mini bag if I wanted to. Does anyone know any straps that would work for the look I'm going for or any they like that you would suggest to me on where I can get it?

I just got my black saddle bag and I absolutely love it! There are already pics of it on here so I figured I didn't need to take any. I have a question though, I originally wanted a satchel but was enticed by the nordstrom sale on this bag. I got it and absolutely love it, I think it's adorable. It's structured enough that it can stand on it's own without falling over like other cross body bags I have. I had an idea though, I think with the way it is structured I could definitely turn this into a mini bag if I wanted to. Does anyone know any straps that would work for the look I'm going for or any they like that you would suggest to me on where I can get it?

Mautto - either their website or etsy store. hth. I have this bag too and love it!

Reactions: WhitleyGilbert
I just got this bag in Mink (it was really hard to decide between mink, black and the darker grey color). Does anyone who has had the bag for a while feel like it lost its shape? Also, anyone with the mink color, has it been hard to preserve the color without getting it dirty?

I just got this bag in Mink (it was really hard to decide between mink, black and the darker grey color). Does anyone who has had the bag for a while feel like it lost its shape? Also, anyone with the mink color, has it been hard to preserve the color without getting it dirty?
Do you have pics for your mink? And what fits inside? I think over about the smaller one. What size do you have?