Receipts being sold on Ioffer!

i heard about fake receipts but i didn't realize they were being SOLD openly!! this is TERRIBLE!!

but as a buyer on ebay, can i just say that i ask for receipts so that if the bag is damaged, i can go back to the store and have them fix it for me. Given that the purchase is not under my name, they will not be able to search it up on their past history purchase system. so if i buy a designer bag on ebay and it breaks i'm totally screwed if the store won't repair it for me.

and you know i'm totally suspicious of sellers that won't include the the actual receipt with their info blacked out because i wonder if the sellers are just making copies of the receipt and it is sent out with their stock of bags... sigh this is so complicated!

i HATE all these ppl selling fake bags and fake stuff. ARGHHHHH!!

I never include my original receipts when I sell a bag for precisely this reason and neither should anyone else. But please don't assume that everyone selling on ebay is a scammer. One should never rely upon the existence of a receipt to establish authenticity, anyway. Look at the photos, look at the person doing the selling and look at the price.

Holy crap !!!!! how can any auction site let receipts be sold? That is without a doubt the lowest kind of scum there is !!! I knew I-offer sold fake bags, which is low enough, but to allow that selling of receipts??? All that means is that the people running I-offer are every bit as shady and disgusting as the sellers with their fake bags trying to pass them off as real ! (thinking I-offer will go down faster than EBAY) I am totally disgusted now ! This world just get's worse and worse, and we the honest are always the ones that suffer for this crap.

Sean

ioffer should NOT still be open, after all the fakes, scams, so on and so forth. im surprised people still use or 'trust' it.

there is a program someone on ioffer sells to MAKE fake LV receipts.

I actually had a previous repeat buyer of mine on ebay get a FAKE bag from a seller with a copy of one of MY Chloe receipts. It had my name on it! She contacted me immediately and her seller (who I contacted) pretty much laughed at me and wrote back that he buys receipts on ioffer.com. So I stopped including receipts.

OMG :nuts: What a nasty person she is! No conscience whatsoever...

The sad reality is, eBay will allow listings if they show receipts.

And even though I report to them that the item is fake, they will allow those "fake" listings to continue or end with buyers. Tried and proven.

misspiggy - really?? that's terrible! i think they're trying to set these rules as to what makes a listing permissible when the reality is that it's changing all the time and these thieves are getting more and more advanced and unscrupulous. allowing a fake listing just bc tere's a receipt is ridiculous.

sigh.

you know i wish ioffer would be shut down as well but you know as i thought about it, the reality is some other website will pop up. or they'll just deal underground in their own circles. sigh

Bubble hit the nail on the head, like crack houses, one goes down and two go up. I feel the sad reality of it all is that I don't think there could ever be an auction site that could totally weed out the fakes, even Poupette. I have seen some mirror images that can fool the best of them, I have even read an article were a chain store was sued by Gucci. Gucci claimed they were selling fakes, so the owner sent what was supposed to be a fake to Gucci to get fixed, Gucci went ahead and repaired it. lol Then they asked their "expert" to figure out which was the fake between 2 of them in court and he couldn't. Therefore the guy could continue selling his bags as ordered by the judge. Hell who even knows for sure if the ones you get at neiman-marcus are authentic anymore. Money bestows greed, and any of these companies could have started bringing in mirror images to make more money. You never know anymore. The ones I sell are store bought with receipts, and yet Vero and Ebay have permanently suspended me for trademark missuse, even after I supplied everything. No one is safe.

Sean

...sad reality...Gucci ...asked their "expert" to figure out which was the fake between 2 of them in court and he couldn't. Therefore the guy could continue selling his bags...who even knows for sure if the ones you get at neiman-marcus are authentic...greed...any of these companies could have started bringing in mirror images to make more money...
Thank you, Sean, for having the courage to say some things I have wanted to say, but just couldn't get up the nerve to type.

This thread should be read by everybody here. Earlier on, we have that very sound advice, and here we have some unpleasant, but solid as granite truth.

Bubble hit the nail on the head, like crack houses, one goes down and two go up. I feel the sad reality of it all is that I don't think there could ever be an auction site that could totally weed out the fakes, even Poupette. I have seen some mirror images that can fool the best of them, I have even read an article were a chain store was sued by Gucci. Gucci claimed they were selling fakes, so the owner sent what was supposed to be a fake to Gucci to get fixed, Gucci went ahead and repaired it. lol Then they asked their "expert" to figure out which was the fake between 2 of them in court and he couldn't. Therefore the guy could continue selling his bags as ordered by the judge. Hell who even knows for sure if the ones you get at neiman-marcus are authentic anymore. Money bestows greed, and any of these companies could have started bringing in mirror images to make more money. You never know anymore. The ones I sell are store bought with receipts, and yet Vero and Ebay have permanently suspended me for trademark missuse, even after I supplied everything. No one is safe.

Sean

The story Sean is talking about is here: Can you Spot The Fake

well thats why I dont send receipts anymore. I actually had a previous repeat buyer of mine on ebay get a FAKE bag from a seller with a copy of one of MY Chloe receipts. It had my name on it! She contacted me immediately and her seller (who I contacted) pretty much laughed at me and wrote back that he buys receipts on ioffer.com. So I stopped including receipts.

OMG!!! I can't believe ppl do that! Damn, I'm going to stop sending receipts as well ...