Rebecca Minkoff Fakes, Knockoffs, Insired by, Etc..

While I certainly love my RM's and Koobas, I also have a B Makowsky pewter hobo that I adore. It is well made and the leather quality is wonderful as well. Just thought I would share...

Yeah.. this is a little unfortunate, but I guess all those companies like B Makowsky and Banana Republic and Zara are legit enough, even though they do tend to copy all the handbag designs of the bigger companies.

It's funny because a B. Makowsky purse led me to this forum. I was considering the Eden cross-body satchel in pale yellow. I saw it in Nordstrom's and it was beautiful and felt great but I decided to do some research into the designer.

After finding out it was Van Zeeland's husband and that the bags were available on QVC, Dillard's etc, I wanted something more special. It's a great bag though and the yellow sold out quickly. But after the research, the Eden cross-body also looks like the Botkier Sasha duffle.

Not being an RM fan at the time, I wouldn't have known the inspiration for either bag but I guess this does resemble the Nikki quite a bit. I haven't seen it in person but after seeing some other B.Makowsky's, the Eden CB was still my favorite.

This is crazy, I just saw this bag today! I read this thread, went to Saks, and on my way there I thought I saw someone wearing a Nikki. Of course, when I see another RM bag, I stare at it as I walk by, and as I was checking it out, I noticed the the dogleash clips were wrong. I'd like to think that since our bags cost 3x as much, ours our 3x as good.

This is crazy, I just saw this bag today! I read this thread, went to Saks, and on my way there I thought I saw someone wearing a Nikki. Of course, when I see another RM bag, I stare at it as I walk by, and as I was checking it out, I noticed the the dogleash clips were wrong. I'd like to think that since our bags cost 3x as much, ours our 3x as good.
Oh please Id like to think that too. Could you imagine?:crybaby:

This one is 1/3 of the retail price of RM's nikki!
But the quality is less. People who wouldnt mind the low quality, and mind the model and the price would buy this bag of B.Makowsky.
I wouldnt say gross or disgusting.. people have choices and i respect their choices.

This is not a imitation/fake but a B.Makowsky's. Why gross?
There is a gucci joy bag and a LV speedy bag, both looks similar to each other. But from different designers..

Why bother?
You are carrying your bag for YOURSELF. RM is not really popular here in the Netherlands, but i am thinking like who cares? I carry RM for myself. I am the one who LOVE it.
People who know RM know your bag is from RM..
Dont worry.

^^ I don't think it's gross either. In some sense, it's good for us as purse buyers. When there's competition like this, it forces designers (whether it be RM, LV, gucci, whatever) to really make their bags better to justify the higher price, or to make them less expensive so that people won't go to the less expensive brand.

It's also good for Rebecca Minkoff - now that there's an imitation, we'll be looking to buy a new RM bag that isn't imitated.

Capitalism at its best!

I don't know if gross is the right word either I just think that it's a turn off when a designer copies another designer so closely. I know that it has a zipper & the dimensions might be different but this is a blatant copy cat and I think it's lame- that's all.

I know that all designers, even high end ones, get inspirations from other design houses but any respectable designer wouldn't copy inch for inch, stud for stud, dog leash for dog leash.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone by saying that I didn't like B.M & KVZ.. I realize that is a personal decision of mine that I happen to feel very strongly about but nonetheless I probably should have kept that to myself.

To each their own!

There are quite a few designers that have bags that resemble RM's closely... but that is bound to happen. I am sure she keeps her eye on it :yes: