Rebag

Interesting discovery- curious on your thoughts.

Rebag has a few bags I am looking at (all Hermes so higher price point). I would never ever buy off their site but with eBay, I feel a bit more comfortable knowing if something goes wrong, I have PayPal, eBay and my credit card to rely on.

As I have been looking, I have noticed some of the bags on eBay are listed as great condition and those same bags are on their site…also listed as great condition but marked as an outlet bag (final sale). Outlet bags are described per the site as bags with major defects or significant wear.

Outlet bags marked as excellent condition DO NOT list what makes them outlet bags…not on the site and no where on eBay.

I saw another thread about a woman who bought an outlet bag on rebag for final sale but when she went to sell it to yoogis, they declined, advising it was fake.

The bag I want is listed as excellent condition but on the site, is listed as an outlet bag. I called rebag and while they wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me WHY it was an outlet bag, they stated I could buy it on eBay because eBay requires that they allow returns….and I can check it out myself.

With the eBay authentication program, would you roll the dice…not knowing (if anything) makes it an “outlet” bag?

Rebag has a few bags I am looking at (all Hermes so higher price point). I would never ever buy off their site but with eBay, I feel a bit more comfortable knowing if something goes wrong, I have PayPal, eBay and my credit card to rely on.

As I have been looking, I have noticed some of the bags on eBay are listed as great condition and those same bags are on their site…also listed as great condition but marked as an outlet bag (final sale). Outlet bags are described per the site as bags with major defects or significant wear.

Outlet bags marked as excellent condition DO NOT list what makes them outlet bags…not on the site and no where on eBay.

I saw another thread about a woman who bought an outlet bag on rebag for final sale but when she went to sell it to yoogis, they declined, advising it was fake.

The bag I want is listed as excellent condition but on the site, is listed as an outlet bag. I called rebag and while they wouldn’t/couldn’t tell me WHY it was an outlet bag, they stated I could buy it on eBay because eBay requires that they allow returns….and I can check it out myself.

With the eBay authentication program, would you roll the dice…not knowing (if anything) makes it an “outlet” bag?
They probably just want them to be final sale if they can’t tell you what’s wrong with them, my guess.

no, I wouldn’t buy anything expensive at that price point if can’t be guaranteed a return

They probably just want them to be final sale if they can’t tell you what’s wrong with them, my guess.

no, I wouldn’t buy anything expensive at that price point if can’t be guaranteed a return
Well, if I purchase that same bag on eBay, they have a 14 day return policy…the same bag is final sale on rebag listed as an outlet bag. Their outlet bags are defined as bags with “significant defects” although many of their outlet bags are described as being in great condition. Makes me wonder if they have been altered but someone other than a boutique and they aren’t disclosing it

No, I wouldn't 'roll the dice' on such a $$$ purchase. If you're planning on making a $$$ purchase on a second-hand hermes - I would recommend you go with the sites that specialize in selling hermes -- and are actually upfront about disclosing condition. Rebag clearly isn't one of them.

Reactions: theprettymiss
Well, if I purchase that same bag on eBay, they have a 14 day return policy…the same bag is final sale on rebag listed as an outlet bag. Their outlet bags are defined as bags with “significant defects” although many of their outlet bags are described as being in great condition. Makes me wonder if they have been altered but someone other than a boutique and they aren’t disclosing it
It’s probably not worth the stress. Maybe it is something as small as subtle touch ups done outside of Hermes, but you may only find out about this too late to make use of a 14 day return window.

On ebay, for sellers who accept returns in the handbag category, the minimum return period is 30 days. (There are some categories with 14-days but clothing/shoes/accessories aren't among them.)

Also on ebay, if an item is "not as described," it doesn't matter whether the seller has a return policy or not. A NAD (not as described) return must be accepted (with seller paying return shipping) if the seller wants the item back or the buyer can ask ebay to step in and ebay will issue a full refund to the buyer.

ETA: I'm not sure how they manage to show 14-day returns! Here's the link to the policy and the section with categories allowing 14 days.

1705467937185.png

Reactions: onlyk
Quick question regarding returns.

I shipped my return using the prepaid usps label provided by Rebag, the tracking shows it is at Bush Terminal Carrier Annex in Brooklyn, NY, does this mean Rebag has my item?

I've emailed them and did the chat thing from their website but haven't gotten a response.
Wondering if anyone here had same experience?

Quick question regarding returns.

I shipped my return using the prepaid usps label provided by Rebag, the tracking shows it is at Bush Terminal Carrier Annex in Brooklyn, NY, does this mean Rebag has my item?

I've emailed them and did the chat thing from their website but haven't gotten a response.
Wondering if anyone here had same experience?
That sounds like a distribution center. I would look for it to say “delivered”.

BTW- I hate when companies use USPS for shipment. So unreliable

Reactions: rosewang924

I've bought two of their outlet bags off their regular site and tbh they were both pristine and I couldn't figure out why they were in a final sale. I wouldn't buy Hermes bags that way, though. They are worth so much less if fixed by anyone other than Hermes and the price is too high to make errors and take chances if you aren't sure what's wrong. I did buy a Kelly 25 from rebag but it wasn't outlet and was in new condition. Don't take chances, buy with confidence and not stress.

I chatted with them and actually found them incredibly helpful. They looked up the bags and confirmed that they are on outlet because they are trying to move inventory. Both bags I am looking at are in great condition and were taken into rebag in July 2023 so they are carrying both high value bags for 6 months now. It does make sense. I would still have it authenticate though and use PayPal