Reade Om, yay or nay?

rosieroseanna

Spenderella
O.G.
Dec 9, 2006
I am thinking of getting a Reade Pm Vernis but don't know whether to just wait and save and get a Bedford. Is ther reade really tiny? I guess it might be nice to have a change from all my big bags. Does it look to small on? Do you have to be really skinny to get away with it as I am not, size 6-8 (US).

How much can you fit in it and do you use it as a day or evening bag? A few years ago I wouldn't have even thought about it but I seem to have got used to big bags. Is it much smaller than the Speedy?

Does anyone have any pics of themselves wearing it? :smile:

I love my reade. It is not (for me) tiny, but a lot of people do consider it to be a small bag. I don't carry a lot on a daily basis, just small agenda (as wallet), sunglasses, ipod, coin purse, lipgloss and compact. With all that, I can still carry my dh's camera if I need to.

It's kinda tiny.. and it is open top, like way open which kinda skeeves me out. I don't think you have to be really skinny to wear it, but I think you might as well get a bedford, just out of bag to zipper to value ratio. :yes:

I have one and have no problems with the size or the open top. I certainly don't carry my entire life with me, but the Reade can fit a decent amount, ie. wallet, mini pochette with lip gloss, pens, eye drops, etc., sunglasses + case, key holder, cellphone, and even a small shrug on top. It's a nice little bag to use when you don't want to carry a whole lot with you.