Home & Garden Re-Decorating My Bedroom - Follow My Journey

If you are going to redecorate your bedroom I think painting the walls is the first thing I would do to give the room a new and fresh look. It will brighten the whole room. A fresh coat of white and a accent wall can make a huge difference. Paiinting is
no big deal. Paint is cheap and you can pint a room in 2-3 hours. I do it all the time.

No matter how beAutiful the furniture, ect is if you have walls that have not been painted in years they will look old against all the new things. It does take work to redecorate. A good paint job and major cleaning goes a long way.

If you are going to redecorate your bedroom I think painting the walls is the first thing I would do to give the room a new and fresh look. It will brighten the whole room. A fresh coat of white and a accent wall can make a huge difference. Paiinting is
no big deal. Paint is cheap and you can pint a room in 2-3 hours. I do it all the time.

No matter how beAutiful the furniture, ect is if you have walls that have not been painted in years they will look old against all the new things. It does take work to redecorate. A good paint job and major cleaning goes a long way.

Not sure if this one was aimed at me or not, but there is no way that I will be able to paint. This is a relatively new house (3 years old?) so the paint is relatively new. And my mum wouldn't let me.

Are you still moving out soon to attend college? Are you re-doing your bedroom at home as practice for the new place? :graucho:

No longer moving out for college. I worked out that I could do my degree via correspondence and it would be a lot less trouble. Being an arts degree it's not a lot of hours of actually being at school, it's mostly reading, writing and studying at home. So I decided I might as well stay at home and do it online.

On top of that I started getting these major feelings of dread. My intuition was practically screaming at me telling me not to go. It made me physically sick. The second I decided to stay I immediately felt so much better.

A little bit of an update for you all :smile:

The new furniture is in. I decided to forgo a desk because I didn't use the one I currently have and it's lucky I did because I would not have been able to fit it anyway :rolleyes: I am still missing one bedside table because they only had one in stock so the other one is on back order.

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

I love the duvet cover. What do you guys think? My mum picked it out and kind of surprised me with it and I love it!

It's all a bit crazy and cluttered at the moment with random crap everywhere because I haven't decided where I'm going to put everything yet.

Not sure if I've mentioned it yet but I've decided that my colour scheme will be white with all bright colours. I don't want to limit myself with colours.

The new furniture is in. I decided to forgo a desk because I didn't use the one I currently have and it's lucky I did because I would not have been able to fit it anyway :rolleyes: I am still missing one bedside table because they only had one in stock so the other one is on back order.

I love the duvet cover. What do you guys think? My mum picked it out and kind of surprised me with it and I love it!

It's all a bit crazy and cluttered at the moment with random crap everywhere because I haven't decided where I'm going to put everything yet.

Not sure if I've mentioned it yet but I've decided that my colour scheme will be white with all bright colours. I don't want to limit myself with colours.

I love the duvet cover!!! Your room looks great. If you put some bright painting over your
dresser it would look really cool.

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

It looks lovely Gremlin. The duvet adds a burst of colour. I love the idea of a neutral room and bright accessories. This is something I plan to do as well. That way you never get bored with room colour.

The furniture looks great!! I love your new room.

photo_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg

not too sure how old this thread is .. but where did you get the dresser and night table .. love them !