Rave about La Mer...

I think you're right priin, when I first started using it, I think I was using too much even tho I was only using a small amount. It took some getting used to to find just the right amount. I too have an oily T-zone and have foound the creme to be very nice especially this winter. I think I'll try the gel or lotion tho come spring and summer. I really like the hand cream too.
Is anyone using the new eye concentrate or the face serum?

I was out shopping with my sister recently and we stopped by Saks. They were promoting the La Mer Body Creme and I said yes to a hand massage while sis looked at clothes (I was feeling really achy and tired). After the massage I decided to splurge on the face gel. When I got home and tried it, my face glowed. I also had a couple of little acne issues trying to crop up, and they disappeared in a day. The next day I had the flu...that explains the achiness and being tired...so I used the samples of the body creme that the SA had given me (she gave me samples of several items) and it kept my miserable under-nose area moisturized through four days of sneezing and tissue use. That was enough to sell me. Yesterday I went back for a complimentary spa facial and purchased the body creme (and got another goodie bag full of samples and a nice little fabric zip bag, too!). I think my next purchase will be the lip balm. I used to be oily/normal, but as I get older I can feel my skin approaching "normal" and it's time to step up the facial care routines. I used Philosophy before La Mer, and it is good, but it doesn't quite have the same "punch" as the La Mer products.

Boy you guys have me sold, lol. I have used the creme and lotion in the past but never repurchased. Do you guys go thru the whole thing of rubbing it between fingers, etc. etc. That seems to take too much time. One question, with the gel I assume theres no rubbing between the fingers? There was no booklet or anything so I never knew if I was applying correctly.

i do squish it between 2 fingers, nothing fancy..just to emolisify it alittle and then just pat it where u have dryness or wrinkles. i use a very small amount, the emolsifing just makes it so u have more product too.. my jar lasts me a year

I went to a Laura Mercier makeup event at saks today ( I so love their makeup line) and after the event was over and I was finnished buying my makeup I stated looking into the skin care (cleansers ect.) well i didnt care for it and the SA took me over to La Mer and I loved the way it all felt and smelled so I bought the Cleansing foam, Radiant Infusion (he said to use as a toner/serum in 1), The Eye Concentrate, and the gel moisturizer, I spent $572 :wtf: :sos: I have felt sick since I left the store, Please someone... tell me it was worth it :confused1:

I went to a Laura Mercier makeup event at saks today ( I so love their makeup line) and after the event was over and I was finnished buying my makeup I stated looking into the skin care (cleansers ect.) well i didnt care for it and the SA took me over to La Mer and I loved the way it all felt and smelled so I bought the Cleansing foam, Radiant Infusion (he said to use as a toner/serum in 1), The Eye Concentrate, and the gel moisturizer, I spent $572 :wtf: :sos: I have felt sick since I left the store, Please someone... tell me it was worth it :confused1:

What ever you don't like, I'm sure you can bring back! (Not sure about Saks policies though)