RAOK Questionnaire!!!

age range: 32

favorite color: turquoise/teal, pink

favorite snack: good n’ plenty, Swedish fish, chocolate, dried mangoes, snack and trail mixes, tea, coffee, jamba

any allergies (peanuts, flowers, etc.): deodorant (like you would want to send me any!), but I don’t stink, I have found ONE that works! Okay, TMI…….

other obsessions/hobbies/collections besides bags: beading, pugs, candles, Sephora, Mariner’s baseball

favorite magazines/books: People, chick lit, native American lit, historical fiction about Scotland/England, beading books

do you have an existing subscription to any mags? People, Oprah, InStyle

favorite tv show/movie: Grey’s Anatomy, House, Desperate Housewives, reality TV, Gilmore Girls

pets: my pug Bailey!

where do you like to shop? Sephora, Borders, Lush, Macys, Teavana, Nordstrom, Target, bead stores (Shipwreck beads rox!), ebay, Tiffany, Michaels, L’Occitane, Illuminations, Yankee Candle, iTunes

favorite fast food/casual food chain restaurant? In-N-Out, Rubio’s, Starbucks, Peets, Jamba Juice, Taco Bell

favorite flowers: Pansies & Gerbera Daisies (have tattoo of pansy and used red gerberas in my wedding!

things you absolutely hate (can be anything!): mushrooms, pretentious people, bad drivers, spiders

tell your buddy something about yourself that isn’t covered by the above questions: I have a three year old, very active son, I’m a 3rd and 4th grade teacher and love it, I’m easy to please, I’m very “pro-adoption” (both kids and animals), I am still madly in love with my husband!

also, we had a lot of fun last time with a list of under $5 items you'd like to get- perfect for a buddy on a budget! so, list those!
Starbucks
Votive candles
Tealight candles
Lush soap
Lip gloss
Carmex EZ-on applicator
Beads and findings (Michaels is good for this)
Stationary (prefer blank cards)
Stickers (for cards, letters, etc.)
Cute Magnets
Pens and clicky pencils (not the kind you sharpen, can’t think of the name)
Cute post-its
Flip flops (7)
Hair clips, rubberbands, etc.
Gum (love Orbit bubblemint)
iTunes certificate

age range: 24

favorite color: turquoise, red! :biggrin: any jewel tone or bright color ... not one for pastels

favorite snack: dark chocolate (but live in FL may melt), popcorn

any allergies (peanuts, flowers, etc.): tomatoes.

other obsessions/hobbies/collections besides bags: traveling (I'm going to las vegas at the end of june! ), celine dion/random french music, scarves & charms (not just coach!)

favorite magazines/books: I loove random chick lit/chick lit mysteries. I usually buy them from the clearance section of barnes and nobles. I have been meaning to pick up PJ Tracy's Live Bait & Snow Blind but I can't find them in hardcover around here (I don't like the itty bitty paperbacks ... they've gotta be normal sized, haha). I have been meaning to preorder the new harry potter book too.

do you have an existing subscription to any mags? yeah, I just got a bunch when my dad traded in frequent flyer miles ... uh ... I think EW, lucky, allure, glamour

favorite tv show/movie: I love the office, boston legal, prison break

pets: I'm moving and none of my babies are coming with me. :crybaby: my bichon is going with my mom (technically hers, but it sleeps with me, ahha), and my random kitties are going with my dad. I hope to get some cats once I get a job.

where do you like to shop? target, nordstroms, sephora, uhhh. anywhere?

favorite fast food/casual food chain restaurant? STARBUCKS, I go there every day! I also eat at panera bread a lot

favorite flowers: I love interesting flowers, anything but roses and carnations

things you absolutely hate (can be anything!): small paperback books.

tell your buddy something about yourself that isn’t covered by the above questions: I am moving at the end of the summer sometime, and have a full class load so I don't know how often I'll be able to check my PO box and get stuff, but I'll try to do it at least a few times a week! ;)

also, we had a lot of fun last time with a list of under $5 items you'd like to get- perfect for a buddy on a budget! so, list those! anything at target. hah! nail polish, school supplies, stationery, stickers, etc.

haha, we are all adding. :Push: :P I have recently found LUSH and wouldn't turn down anything from there! bath bombs don't melt ;) I also love american eagle flip flops (size 10 on sale ... just picked up 3 pairs today for $35!). I love coconut flavored things too, esp. with chocolate!! godiva has a dark chocolate coconut truffle :drool: I love the yankee candle car fresheners, any kind! I am graduating with my masters in educational technology august 10 and love any computer related junk as well :biggrin: esp. if it's cute!

*** additions to mine :shame: I love hello kitty and the Peanuts (charlie brown, snoopy...) Crazy for electronics, and am just starting a new job after 6 years of being a slob and never having to dress up for work

age range: 28 - as of June 8!

favorite color: pink and green

favorite snack: I love all of those little 100-calorie pack things, especially 100 calorie pack cookies! I also munch on Balance Bars pretty frequently. I am addicted to iced tea and McDonald's new iced coffee (vanilla!)

any allergies (peanuts, flowers, etc.): None

other obsessions/hobbies/collections besides bags: I love makeup and jewelry, and my new baby (4 months old) has become my primary obession as of late! I am also thinking of attempting scrapbooking. I love to play Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 (favorite games are Guitar Hero II and Madden 07).

favorite magazines/books: I love the Stephanie Plum series, John Grisham, baby care books, favorite magazines are Parents, Parenting, Cosmo, Glamour, Allure and the Coach catalog!

do you have an existing subscription to any mags? Yes - all of the above, actually!

favorite tv show/movie: Heroes, the Simpsons, Clean House, Days of Our Lives, American Idol, I love a good slapstick comedy - the Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson movies (just saw You, Me and Dupree, which I loved), Will Ferrell movies, Mike Meyers movies (Wayne's World - a classic!)

pets: 2 dogs - Sugar and Chip, male and female lab mixes

where do you like to shop? Coach, Sephora, Target, Nordstrom, the MAC counter, Macy's, Kohl's, Pottery Barn Kids, Babies R Us, Old Navy, Bath and Body Works, Victoria's Secret, Prime Outlets, itunes

favorite fast food/casual food chain restaurant? McDonalds, Donatos, Starbucks, Panera, Camille's, Cosi

favorite flowers: roses (especially multi-color ones), daisies

things you absolutely hate (can be anything!): Wal-Mart!

tell your buddy something about yourself that isn’t covered by the above questions: I've been married to my own built-in enabler, my wonderful DH, for 7 years (he just bought his own Coach wallet!) Our new baby (first child) is 4 months old. I work in a large public school district where I provide IT help desk support for the entire district staff. I am starting Weight Watchers this week. DH and I are Bengals and Buckeyes fans. I can't think of too much more....

also, we had a lot of fun last time with a list of under $5 items you'd like to get- perfect for a buddy on a budget! so, list those!
I am pretty easy to satisfy! I love lipglosses, OPI nail polishes, those little things in the $1 bin at Target, rattles or little inexpensive toys for the baby, notepads, stickers, pens, itunes credits, Trident White gum, little trial size things from Bath and Body Works, Yankee Candle votives, little sample things you get in the mail, baby coupons - diapers and baby food coupons, especially!

im confused,,, i jsut wanted to ask do people really buy each other things like tiffany's jewelry for RAOK?!? that seems like a lot of $ to spend on one thing to send to someone..... since we send 1 thing a month,,,,i just didnt realize it was that ,,like i duno

i mean ive never done it in the past but does that happen!?

there is not a price limit (min. or max.). just because someone asks for something, that doesn't mean they will get it. but more often, people just like getting what they really like out there, as a guide for their style. kwim? (yes, it can happen. does it often? no.). i can tell you from experience that it is NOT the price of things that matters. last round, people got more excited over candy than almost anything else, lol!

also, you can send more than one gift per month. break it up in smaller packages, if you want. 1 per month in the minimum. :yes:

oh geez...walmart. add that to my list of dislikes. (which totally sucks because walmart is, like, a mile away from our house...and target is a good 15 minutes.)

^^Ditto Kallison... I live in the LAND of Wal-Mart, only 5 target stores within 250 miles! And what's worse... this week is the shareholders convention.... hundreds of thousands of wal-mart'ers clogging our streets, littering up our towns.... :censor: