RANT! Am i normal to feel so offended? Experience with Dior SA's & purchasing Diorama

Sounds like terrible service. I've only really had positive experiences at Dior and with most other brands, but there are times when SAs do make mistakes, and I think it's because of a lack of product/service knowledge rather than malicious intent. I usually don't inquire about stock in other stores because I tend to got to them myself to see them in person. I guess I don't usually like getting them to hold a particular piece for me (should it arrive in stock) because I feel immense pressure to buy it if they do, so I just do my own stock search.

From the story I thought you picked the grained calfskin somehow. Congratulations! The blue is beautiful!

Positive there wasn't any malicious intent too, they have probably met their fair share of 'these sorts' of customers who never ever go back. I have been one myself too *guilty*
I always enquire about the stock left for the items i want, in order to know how much time i had before i needed to make a decision :lol: Not a very accurate indicator but it makes me feel 'safe' knowing that i still have some buffer. Lol! Definitely feel pressured to buy if i asked for it to be reserved. That's why i thought the SA was being a darling when he offered without me asking, to call once he knew that there was stocks for grained leather and to inform me if the lambskin was running low, to which he didn't do either.
Oopsie, guess i was really ranting away, my story must have been really confusing! :facepalm:

View attachment 3414164 View attachment 3414165 Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my story and having such kind comments [emoji2]
Here is the bag i got :yahoo::yahoo:
Let me know if you would like to see any shots in particular.
Is that gold hardware? The colour is stunning!! [emoji178][emoji178]
Enjoy your bag! You've earned it. Don't let a bad experience with a SA take away your pleasure.

Sent from my SM-N920I using PurseForum mobile app

8983.jpg 8982.jpg 8981.jpg
Is that gold hardware? The colour is stunning!! [emoji178][emoji178]
Enjoy your bag! You've earned it. Don't let a bad experience with a SA take away your pleasure.

Sent from my SM-N920I using PurseForum mobile app

Nope it's actually silver! Here is a better pic in natural light.
Thanks for your sweet words =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello! I would like to share my story today. Sorry if it's a bit long and nothing dramatic really. Background is i'm not an impulse shopper, i don't follow brands & trends but i'm comfortable with spending big. It was the first time shopping at my local Dior store..here's my experience.

I was looking around in the Dior store and zoomed in on the Diorama in blue lambskin pretty quickly. The shop was closing & i wanted to do more 'research' before deciding so i didn't purchase anything that day. The SA was the sweetest, most polite guy ever. I was very impressed with his service! He said that the Diorama had another blue in grained calfskin but they were sold out completely in my country & was not sure if there was any new shipment coming. He promised he would call me if there was new shipment for grained calf or when the stock for the blue lambskin is running low (he told me there was 3 pieces left in-store).

Fast forward 2 days later, i went back to Dior. Thinking how happy it would be to see him again! I couldn't stop thinking about the bag & was super excited to go back and thinking how amazing a day it was gonna be. I decided to drop by another Dior first to try it on without the 'pressure' if you know what i mean, it was a mere 10mins walk from either stores anyway. I could have waited to purchase it in Europe as i'll be there in 2 months. It costs a whopping SGD5100 & i was willing to drop an extra $1500 just to get it now. While i was there, i found out that there was THE blue grained calfskin version available. And that the blue lambskin had super low stock. 2 in the current boutique and a display piece left in the first store i visited 2 days back. I was seriously offended. I thought he was a great SA, super friendly and all, but was a liar & did not fufill his promises on calling me when stocks were low. He was just patronising me because i had no 'relationship' with my local Dior boutique?

Anyway the other Dior store i went, the SA was annoying as hell as well. He kept telling me if i wanted to take my time to decide, then come back awhile later (which i did not even mention anything about leaving. I just arrived 5 mins ago??) it may sell out by then. So i should just buy it now. UGH. I bought it anyway. But these experiences left a scar & bad impression on me. I am not keen to return to Dior boutiques in future.

I know i may be too sensitive and whatnot, but this is really a turn off. Maybe i expected way too much. Idk. But if im spending money, i'm buying the experience too. I want to sit down, take my time, feel pampered, you know!?!?! I'm not the demanding or argumentative sort for sure!
This isn't the first time it happened too. Many years back, there were 2 trench blazer coats i really wanted to buy which they didnt have my size for. They promised to bring in the sizes the next day along with some of the bags i was eyeing. They were all smiley , promising to call the nx day. Guess what? No call ever came in. Because of that that first bad impression, i refused to step into Dior. It literally took me years before i was willing to give them another shot. But sad to say, still as disappointed. They are really nice, the moment they realise you will be buying something.

Sorry for long rant. Just really fed up with these SA's judging people & stuff. I mean how hard is it to just make a couple of phone calls!?!??????? Sorry if i may come off as self-entitled =(
Will post pics of bag soon

From my experiences, Dior has some of the nicest SA. The only time (besides this one) I've heard bad things were from the Dior stores in Australia. Sorry this first purchase left a sour taste in your mouth. If you're going to be in Europe soon, do drop by another Dior store. I am sure you'll have a better time.

I've been told that Dior SA overseas do not work on commission. Here in the US, my SA tells me she works on commission so when she tells me she'll call me when an item that I want comes in, she does! No call, no sale, no moola!

Reactions: Luv iz Louis
Another fellow Singaporean here! I thought it was just me -- I haven't had as unpleasant experiences as you, but I've felt that the Dior SAs here are rather pushy and annoying especially compared to those at other stores, and those in other countries. They need to look into their hiring policies!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous bag though!! Congratulations on this beauty!

I have to agree.
I am not saying he should rush you, but who cares, at the end of the day, you are pleased with your purchase. Do not go home and ruminate endlessly over something so silly.

Oops i was just ranting away as it was my first time in my local boutique & understandable if they could not be bothered with me. I know it is silly. Has buying luxury become so impersonal that we have to put up with bad services, be judged, suck it up, pay for it and leave? Seems to become so. :tdown: I'm paying premium prices for the premium services for sure. The whole experience is what counts too... For me that's all part of the fun.

From my experiences, Dior has some of the nicest SA. The only time (besides this one) I've heard bad things were from the Dior stores in Australia. Sorry this first purchase left a sour taste in your mouth. If you're going to be in Europe soon, do drop by another Dior store. I am sure you'll have a better time.

I've been told that Dior SA overseas do not work on commission. Here in the US, my SA tells me she works on commission so when she tells me she'll call me when an item that I want comes in, she does! No call, no sale, no moola!

I'm sure everyone has met their fair share of bad services while shopping for luxury items, somewhere, somehow! :lol:
It's my first time shopping in my local store and i'm just a bit disappointed thats all. Cannot wait to go back to the Dior store in Europe again, it's lovely!

The blue is so pretty - congrats

Thank you! :love:

Another fellow Singaporean here! I thought it was just me -- I haven't had as unpleasant experiences as you, but I've felt that the Dior SAs here are rather pushy and annoying especially compared to those at other stores, and those in other countries. They need to look into their hiring policies!!!!

Absolutely gorgeous bag though!! Congratulations on this beauty!

First impressions, i thought Dior had one of the best services! But when i found out it was just a show & they lied to get you out the door because they didn't think you would buy anything, that's what really got to me. Not once, but twice. Perhaps it's their secret code of conduct to just agree to everything a customer wants, but if i'm not known by name, they wouldn't be bothered to accede to your requests. The worst part was both times, it was them who offered to extend their help & services.
I'm not sure why these type of subpar services are rampant amongst luxury fashion boutiques. But not in luxury watch stores. Most luxury watch & jewellery stores are more patient with you. Probably due to higher price tag & more people looking to browse??
But nonetheless, i still love my bag and the color! :love::love: