Rainy Day KeyChain got me thinkin....

aw i cannot wait to see pics of this when you get done with it!! i love to make things and my own jewelry when i can!! i guess that's just the crafter in me (or the fact that I worked at Michael's Arts and Crafts for like 4 and a half years)!!!

Yes, I do this. I have a couple that I kept for myself, gave my dd one and gave a couple away as gifts. Makes cute and cheap jewelry!

Where do you buy your leather cords? Or do you use thin silver chains? I wanna do it but I need to know what tools I have to buy. OH... if it's not too inconvenient, would you please post some pics? Thank you.

:party:

I'm scoping out some keyfobs on eBay to use for this!! Thanks for the FAB item!! I am obsessed with purse charms right now, so I think they would make adorable single little charms on the end of a beaded strand or something... :cutesy:

Where do you buy your leather cords? Or do you use thin silver chains? I wanna do it but I need to know what tools I have to buy. OH... if it's not too inconvenient, would you please post some pics? Thank you.

I use sterling silver chains. I have jewelry making tools but you could use small needle nose pliers and some hemostats. (you know, those surgical tools that can lock?) You'll need some type of cutters too, like wire cutters to cut the charms free. You'll want to keep the ring that attaches the charm to the key ring. Sorry if I don't make sense but you'll want to be sure that your charm will hang correctly from your chain. I don't have pics on this computer but when I get my laptop back from my son I'll post some pics for you.

teenashandbags002-2.jpg

Here's the pendants that I kept. I gave a couple away to friends and gave my daughter one.

You are so welcome, mrs jones!! I wear mine all the time too! My favorite is that little green one. I bought that one on ebay then realized that I could do that myself!! I'd love to find the keyfob with the Coach buttons like the green one I pictured. I have it but use it as a keyring but I'd like one of each color for a pendant!

I use sterling silver chains. I have jewelry making tools but you could use small needle nose pliers and some hemostats. (you know, those surgical tools that can lock?) You'll need some type of cutters too, like wire cutters to cut the charms free. You'll want to keep the ring that attaches the charm to the key ring. Sorry if I don't make sense but you'll want to be sure that your charm will hang correctly from your chain. I don't have pics on this computer but when I get my laptop back from my son I'll post some pics for you.

Thank you so much for the jewelry making 101. I am gonna find a local craft store for some tools. I really wanna make that cloud in the rainy keychain into a necklace.