Racist comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, its terrible hearing the other stories! I can't believe that people like that are still out there and actually say this crap in public.

The manager said she'll follow up on it and got my mom's e-mail address. The manager was seriously pissed. The girl might get fired, I think its up to someone else.

Edna said:
I'm sorry you had to go through that! Racist people suck. :rant: I'm glad the manager took your side though! I hate when people automatically assume. And I just hate rude people in general. I hope that girl got fired!

chanelvgirl, I can relate. I'm Vietnamese. For some reason most asians are always lumped together in the Chinese category.

A few weeks ago, I was walking down the street and this car is rounding the corner making strange rattling noises and literally breaks down as it is passing me. So, here I am minding my own business when 2 girls, maybe in their late teens (18-19?) start shouting out of the window "Hey, that's a chinese girl. Hey, chinese girl! Ching chong ching!" Over and over. And the 2 guys in the front seat were just laughing, like it was the funniest thing they ever heard. :rant:

I was boiling mad...but I just kept walking. How do you have the nerve to try and insult me when your car has just broken down in front of me. Really.

NOT COOL!!! I hate ignorant people..

U know whats the most dumbest thing I've heard?

Someone asked me " What are you?"

I replied, " I'm Asian"

he said " But I thought you were Vietnamese!"

,,,,um...

SO WHY ARE WE IN SCHOOL FOR?

DUMBASS.

:roflmfao:

:rant:

I grew up as one of like 4 Asians in my town (in the midwest). The stories I could tell you about racist comments directed at me would make your skin crawl. I'd get them from fellow students, parents of students, blue-collar, teachers, white-collar executives, you name it! All of them were openly hostile and hateful. The worst story was when I was about 16 and driving alone in my car, I was followed all the way TO MY HOME by a carful of drunk white men in their 40s and 50s (some of whom I recognized from my community -- educated family men) who kept pulling up next to me at every intersection, shouting all sorts of racist and sexually explicit things at me. I.e., "Is it true that chink girls' [expletive for female genitalia] are slanted sideways and don't have any hair? I'd f--- that. HAHAHA!!" They followed me all the way to my driveway, shouting at me the whole time. I was scared sh!tless and cried for days after that.

It makes me very worried for the state of mankind...all the hate. I worry for my children especially.

KristyDarling said:
I grew up as one of like 4 Asians in my town (in the midwest). The stories I could tell you about racist comments directed at me would make your skin crawl. I'd get them from fellow students, parents of students, blue-collar, teachers, white-collar executives, you name it! All of them were openly hostile and hateful. The worst story was when I was about 16 and driving alone in my car, I was followed all the way TO MY HOME by a carful of drunk white men in their 40s and 50s (some of whom I recognized from my community -- educated family men) who kept pulling up next to me at every intersection, shouting all sorts of racist and sexually explicit things at me. I.e., "Is it true that chink girls' [expletive for female genitalia] are slanted sideways and don't have any hair? I'd f--- that. HAHAHA!!" They followed me all the way to my driveway, shouting at me the whole time. I was scared sh!tless and cried for days after that.

It makes me very worried for the state of mankind...all the hate. I worry for my children especially.
:wtf: OMG! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I don't know what I would've done if I was in your place. People sometimes have no shame! :rant:

The worst I've been called is white sh%^ - cause I'm Chinese and have pale skin.

sorry that it happened to ur family.. glad that u stood up and said something..... ppl who r ignorant need to be taught a huge lesson in life..... they r the outcast...

wow, these stories are sick! I grew up as one of 4 Native American girls in my school. I was punched on the leg, had a bottle of coke thrown at me, girls wanted to kick my ass at recess (elementary) and luch (highschool) made fun of, called savage, red neck, alot of crap. It is pretty funny now because I was such a wuss back then!! Racist people are idiots!
Monica

i'm SO against racism! :censor: maybe ii'm just traumatised!
here's my story...
Back in Aus... i was at this bus stop, which happned to be right opposite an old folk's home. me and a friend of mine were speaking to each other in malay(well, sorta...and english:P u know us malaysians like to mix languages)and then when he left, this elderly man walked right up to me, spat on my shoes, and said ":censor:kin' Chinese.. learn english before u come to our country!!!" i just stared after him with my mouth open coz i was sooo shocked.. and after he left, i looked at this other elderly woman next to me.. and went "can u believe that!?!" and she said "well what did u expect!?" and gave me a dirty look! :wtf:

I hate racist *******s sooo much! A few weeks ago, I was at a bus stop in San Francisco with my African American friend. I'm chinese. We were in a predominantly white neighborhood and we were outside of an old folk's home. As we were waiting at the bus stop, minding our own business, an elderly caucasian lady next to me said to me, "Chinese people look at me funny." Then she looked me up and down. I replied with, "Maybe it's because you look funny." because it was the first thing I could think of. She started rambling on and on about why she hated chinese people, saying that our whole race should stay in China, stealing jobs away from Americans, etc. She was also commenting about how hard it was being white in a city "infested" with "chinks." Then my friend spoke up and said, "Try being black." The woman had the nerve to say she wasn't racist because she liked black people. All this time that she was speaking, there were a lot of elderly old chinese people around us.

The next day, I was at Costco with my parents. When we were waiting in line, the cashier called for the next person and my parents were distracted and didn't hear. He said, "Are you coming or not?" The overweight white lady behind us said, "They don't understand because they don't know english." I turned around, looked her in the face and said, "We do know english. Shut up and wait behind me." I snapped at her because I hate people who make comments like that and I'd had a tough day at work. When the cashier rang everything up, my parents pulled out cash to pay and the ***** behind me said, "****ing chinese people. They always pay in cash. Why don't they use credit cards like normal people?" I turned around and gave her my most evil ***** stare. When we were done, I made my parents re-count all the money just because I knew it would piss her off. When we were completely done with the transaction, I turned around and said, "It was nice having you wait in line behind us. Enjoy your wait while he rings you up." I seriously wanted to punch her in the face.

I can't stand racist people.

What happened? I don't understand what was racist in the original post. Did anybody ever stop and think maybe the girl made a stupid honest mistake and might have felt really stupid afterwards? As she should have.

I am sorry about that. I live in NYC and most people usually are not that bad. . .This is 2006 and it's ridiculous that people do not have courtesy. I guess in the supposed bad old days, people were more racist but refrained from making comments aloud. Racism was always with us. It does not sweep it under the rug, but simple courtesies to all people, regardless of what they look like, what they wear, etc. are really necessary, just basic courtesies. But sadly, a lot of people are informed by media, they no longer read, no longer think, nor do they want to. That is a root problem. People can learn and change, if they want, but many don't
Rght after 911, my colleague was approached by an editor at work who suspiciously asked where she was from and what religion. She is, in fact, a Muslim from Sri Lanka and a naturalized U.S. citizen, with 2 college degrees and an advanced degree. This woman was supposedly educated and intelligent. I was so disgusted that I refused to deal with her, unless necessary. So again, I am very sorry.

I don't understand why people say things like that.

But I do believe that (overall) racism is a learned behavior. Children learn from their parents the prejudices' that they have. If they don't like African Americans and call them the "N" word in everyday life, then children will come to associate the "N" word with African Americans and think that it's okay to say something like that. My exboyfriend would say that word all the time. If somebody cut him off, it would be "Stupid N, where'd you learn how to drive?!", etc. It was one of the reasons that we broke up.

Albiet, I do admit that I tend to stereotype people. When I get on a plane, I do look around to see if there are any "terrorist looking" people. Now...I know what you're all probably thinking. I do look for the typical Arab with facial hair and possibly a turban/hat (I'm sorry, I don't know what they're called!!!) - and I feel absolutely terrible that I look for those things. But again, I think it's a learned behavior. After 9/11 I came to associate terrorists with people from Iran, Saudi Arabia, Syria, etc. But I can say that I have never *intentionally* said anything that could be deemed as racist to somebody.

:sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.