Rabbit Vest or Chinchilla Earmuffs? Oh bother...

humm... for that much money, why don't you buy an LV watch or something? (assuming you dont have one?)

i think $4k is a bit too much for a vest? or even the ear muff..

plus they can only be worn during winter, while you can wear the watch around the year!

that way you dont need to kill animals for fur.. LOL!

that way you dont need to kill animals for fur.. LOL!
Not to be like GO FUR! by any means, because usually most fur things are ugly...except some vuitton fur things :love: but the animals used to make fur goods, at least the more expensive ones are made from animals that are raised to be made into whatnot...It doesn't really make it any better but it's pretty much like if the animal isn't killed to make one fur thing...it's killed to make another, so yeah...

I personally would not get either--I just cannot stomach fur.

I do not have a problem with using animals for food, etc.

However, I do feel that the animals need to be treated humanely, in which case the animals that are used for fur are not.

Most of the fur that is used is from countries outside of the US/UK who have no animal welfare rules...honestly, I have seen videos and it is gut wrenching.

I hope that eventually ALL designers eliminate fur from their collections...the way that they treat the poor animals is barbaric.

Couturegrl - Either you're willfully ignorant of how they treat food stock, or you see some distinction that is lost on me. Animals who are used for fur certainly get a raw deal, but I don't see they are treated any worse than animals used for food.

The only reason that animal activists campaign more actively against fur is that more people eat meat than wear fur. It's the "slippery slope" philosophy; if they convert enough people against fur, then they can work on meat. Not likely to happen any time soon.

In the meantime, I'll continue to enjoy my minks.

wow... this thread got brought back up. LOL. It's been dead for sooooo long. Anyway, I bought the earmuffs but I passed on the vest. I decided I didn't like the black color.... but now that the brown came out I really like that one so I may get it, I don't know. I'll post pics on the earmuffs soon, I promise! ...I've been telling Matt for months that I would and just haven't gotten around to it. LOL. Sorry.... :P