Punky Bizness! SWEET PUNK LOVERS UNITE!

matchka

42But what was the ?
O.G.
May 2, 2008
I have wanted to start a thread like this for some time.... A kind of love sonnet, as it were, to that notorious line of bags known as Sweet Punk. The Sweet Punk bags were part of the Resort 2006 Collection. They were an ode to those early days of punk rock - - the late 1970s'-early 1980's, when "Anarchy" ruled, being "Pretty Vacant" was cool, and leather and studs were IT.... The bags were named after some of the top musical icons of that time.

The Sweet Punk bags boast buttery soft leather (soft beyond belief.... kangaroo leather, I'm told), with scuffed punk rock studs down the front with cool zipper pockets and some super heavy duty hardware. They have a fabulously worn in, vintage punk rock look and feel. And yes, they do most assuredly ROCK!!!!

I have been a drooling, fainting rabid fan - crazy for Sweet Punk for quite some time. Unfortunately, when they first came out, these bags were extremely expensive!! Many of us could not afford them at their original retail prices. The good news is that eventually they started showing up on the secondary market, which enabled some of us fans to snatch them up at more reasonable prices.

I have been lucky enough to gather a modest little collection, which I treasure! I thought I would make this a little mini forum for SP lovers to share their thoughts and hopefully their BAGS - - kind of like a little fan club like we have for the Hudson, and others..... Maybe there will be interest, maybe there won't, but I thought it might be worth a try! So I guess I will start the ball rolling with a few pics of my very own SP family......... So without further ado, I present:

sweetpunk1.jpg

Back Left: The Sid, in Bisque
Back Right: Siouxie, in Black
Front Left: Pouchette, in Fluo Orange
Front Right: Make-up Pouch, in Chalk

(the pouchette is no longer with me as of a couple of weeks ago...)

sweetpunk7.jpg

Sid, in Fluo Violet
Make-up Pouch, in Black

sweetpunks2.jpg

I also had the Hobo (back left) in Fluo Orange for a short time, but she also is no longer with me....

sweetpunk6.jpg

sid1.jpg

siouxie2-1.jpg

^Modeling shot of Siouxie

sweetpunk3.jpg

So there you have it - - my Sweet Punk family! Feel free to chime in with pics of your own or just SP stories or raves! Let's have a love fest!!!

matchka! i had no idea you had such a wonderful sweet punk family! i'm drooling over here!!!!
thank you for posting :smile:

Thank you, Dawn!! :biggrin: I hope everyone w/ Sweet Punk bags will come out of the woodwork and post a lot more pics so we can have a really big drool fest!!! :P

matchka- what a great Sweet Punk collection! I never really knew too much about this line as I've never seen most of the styles of Sweet Punk before. I like the little clutches and the Sid, Siouxie, and hobo...ok, love them all! Thanks for starting this thread. I'm looking forward to seeing more SP bags from everyone!

Good lord, Matchka! You have A FREAKING VIOLET SID! I didn't know anyone had that, it's absolutely STUNNING!!

Here is my Bisque Debbie... I'll have to take pics of her sister.

100_1187.jpg

Modeling shot:
100_1104.jpg

Love the color of the Orange--very vibrant and perfect for summer!!! And of course, I love the purple too ( love all shades of purple!)

Hmmluvthatbag---Nice bisque Debbie---you look great with her!

kitcat: Be careful - - you might catch the SP bug - - it's a dangerous one!!

HmMm: LOVE your Debbie! Never been able to get my grimy little hands on one!! Can't wait to see her sister!

MAB: Thank you! Yaay! Drooling is good!!!

dbeth: yep, the SP colors were not shy!

sweetpunk7.jpg

:nuts::faint::nuts:
Holy Freekin' Moly!!
You have a Violet Sid?
When? Where? How?
I had no idea you had that beauty!!!
I believe more pics of that rare than rare stunner are a must!!!

Last edited:
Great thread....

Your collection is :faint:. I had no idea you were hiding such beauties!

The first time I ever saw a bag from this line was when I was invited to purchase a bag from the MJ employee sale (must have been in 2007). I was so naive about MJ at the time...if only I knew how rare and hard to get these were! I ended up with a Blake.

The second time I saw one (irl) was at a consignment store.

I really like to see these on other people, but this line doesn't make my heart flutter. Thank goodness, because I know there is major hair pulling when these get listed for sale!

sweetpunk7.jpg

:nuts::faint::nuts:
Holy Freekin' Moly!!
You have a Violet Sid?
When? Where? How?
I had no idea you had that beauty!!!
I believe more pics of that rare than rare stunner are a must!!!

LOL !! I never told you that story? Oh man..... :shame: ok, now I'm embarrassed...I'll spill.....but first I have to go feed the DH, but I promise I will post more pics later....

Matchka, you are the SP queen!! Congrats on all those finds!!

I love the SP line.... love both your Sids. The bisque sid is tdf!

I remember when the violet sid was available, I saw it IRL at Decades Two, but passed because it was missing the studded handles. I can't imagine why on earth someone cut those off. Blasphemy!

Wow, Matchka, that's an impressive collection of studs! Love all of them (how about some modeling pics? :P)! But I like that studded pouch the best. Sooo cute!! Which one is your favourite?

HM - you rock that Debbie! :tup: