PS1 Tiny in Saddle?

pjrufus

Like Buttah!
O.G.
May 13, 2009
My new to me Tiny in Saddle arrived today. I thought the color would be something close to this (image from ref. thread):

43E6B4A5-E165-4ED6-B9F6-C8B52B2F6F86.jpeg

….this is what I have:

B903D949-6FBE-41A5-9A20-F7CFAB8C15F2.jpeg

I’m so confused. It’s a mousy, kinda blah, milk chocolatey brown. It was purchased 6/17 from PS, and it says Saddle on the receipt. I’ve seen a zillion pix of PS bags in Saddle, not one looks like mine.

• Sad
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Yep, this color doesn't quite look like Saddle. I looked at the Poshmark listing again and this bag is a real chameleon, appearing very warm-toned in some pictures and neutral or even cool-toned in others. I never had a PS1 in Saddle (or any of brown colors), but perhaps they were different from year to year? Does it say 'Saddle' on the receipt from Proenza Schouler or from Poshmark?

Yep, this color doesn't quite look like Saddle. I looked at the Poshmark listing again and this bag is a real chameleon, appearing very warm-toned in some pictures and neutral or even cool-toned in others. I never had a PS1 in Saddle (or any of brown colors), but perhaps they were different from year to year? Does it say 'Saddle' on the receipt from Proenza Schouler or from Poshmark?

Chameleon is the right word. Here’s an outside shot, it rained all day yesterday. I do love the bag (my first tiny,) it’s just a weird color, brown with a red/magenta tint, as opposed to leaning orange or yellow. It’s kind of a flat color, not the rich tones I’ve come to know from PS.

Yes the enclosed receipt (PS) said Saddle. Don’t know if the receipt is legit or not, I’ve never ordered from PS.

8A220612-1DD0-407A-83D0-10EC6225E544.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Elliespurse
Here's a thread with Saddle color from 2017, it looks more like your PS1 than the older Saddle color.

Yes, it does! The middle photo, 004, looks exactly like mine, orig. purchased in 2017. I’m going to try some conditioner to see if it brightens up a bit. Thank you.

Reactions: IntheOcean
My new to me Tiny in Saddle arrived today. I thought the color would be something close to this (image from ref. thread):

View attachment 5605300

….this is what I have:

View attachment 5605301

I’m so confused. It’s a mousy, kinda blah, milk chocolatey brown. It was purchased 6/17 from PS, and it says Saddle on the receipt. I’ve seen a zillion pix of PS bags in Saddle, not one looks like mine.
Yeah… Definitely not the same colour at all. Usually slight changes can be explained by the photos or the flash etc… did you get this from a reseller? Because a lot of things on this bag don’t really add up….