Products you don't feel comfortable wearing

Staci_W

Apr 19, 2013
I feel like a clown when I wear lipstick. When I am speaking to people wearing lipstick I feel like they are staring at my lips because they look out of place. Filling in my brows feels similar to me. It's like no matter how light of a color I get, I feel like they look too dark. Anyone else have any makeup products you just can't wear? Have you ever gotten over something like this? If so how? I really like the look of lipstick on other women, but I personally end up always wiping it off when I apply it as I'm too uncomfortable. I would like to be able to wear it.

Reactions: Ilovetandco
I love lipstick. My fave product. I can never get my eyebrows right because they're so sparse that no matter what looks drawn on yet without it, I look so unpolished.

My problem is eyeshadow. I can wear very natural, skin toned colors, but when I try to do a smokey eye or something more elaborate I just feel silly. I'm working on getting more comfortable but it hasn't happened yet.

Reactions: Ilovetandco
I used I feel the same about lipsticks - only stuck to glosses and balms. But then I started using Chanel Rouge Coco Shine which I found really subtle. I think I started with Rivage and Boy which are quite sheer. Then I moved onto Aventure, Romance and Monte Carlo which are more pigmented. I think they are the perfect starter lippies!

I don't like wearing bronzes because I never do it right and look like the Tinman! Haha

Reactions: dotty8
I used to wear lipstick a lot but now I feel goofy with it on, though I'm totally itching to try some purple lipstick/gloss... who knows why. I have never managed to put false eyelashes on either. I love me some liquid eyeliner though!

My one is coloured eyeshadow, I love neutral (chocolate, beige, gold etc) eyeshadows but when it comes to colours like blue, purple, pinks even done in a subtle way I feel like a clown and makes me look washed out.

Reactions: Pauck
Agreed!

Eyeliner is another one for me, I cannot draw a decent line or flick to save my life... I always wonder what it'd look like on me though.
I'm good with eyeliner, except the wing. I always do the same thing. Liquid liner just on my lid, not extending out.

False eyelashes. And I rarely can get my Cat Wing eyeliner right, so I avoid that as well (unfortunately).
I've used falsies ok. I usually just cut them in half, then take the part meant for my inner corner and put it on my outer corner. I don't do it that much though because I feel like it's a bit too much for day time. I never go anywhere fancy.
I used to wear lipstick a lot but now I feel goofy with it on, though I'm totally itching to try some purple lipstick/gloss... who knows why. I have never managed to put false eyelashes on either. I love me some liquid eyeliner though!
I have some purple lip gloss that I use a lot. I love it. Gloss I'm fine with.
I never felt comfortable wearing lipstick either though I love the look on other ladies. I think it draws too much attention to my mouth. I don't like the little gap between my front teeth.
There's nothing about my mouth that I don't like. I just feel like a little girl playing dress up or something/
My one is coloured eyeshadow, I love neutral (chocolate, beige, gold etc) eyeshadows but when it comes to colours like blue, purple, pinks even done in a subtle way I feel like a clown and makes me look washed out.
I will do purple of pink on my lids sometimes. Mostly it's neutrals for me.

I love lipstick. My fave product. I can never get my eyebrows right because they're so sparse that no matter what looks drawn on yet without it, I look so unpolished.
My brows are thick enough. It bothers me that they are uneven. One of them is much denser than the other. That is why I really wish I could fill them in with confidence.
My problem is eyeshadow. I can wear very natural, skin toned colors, but when I try to do a smokey eye or something more elaborate I just feel silly. I'm working on getting more comfortable but it hasn't happened yet.
Eyeshadow is the thing I feel most comfortable with. I enjoy doing my eyes.
I used I feel the same about lipsticks - only stuck to glosses and balms. But then I started using Chanel Rouge Coco Shine which I found really subtle. I think I started with Rivage and Boy which are quite sheer. Then I moved onto Aventure, Romance and Monte Carlo which are more pigmented. I think they are the perfect starter lippies!

I don't like wearing bronzes because I never do it right and look like the Tinman! Haha
Thanks, I will look at those.

I'm no good with bronzer either.
foundation. i just haven't a clue
Have you went to a makeup counter to get matched?