Problem with Givenchy mini antigona strap

I had this issue as well but what I do with all my bags - since the Antigona is basically flawless except for the pesky strap - is either put a cheap matching keychain ring around both connecting parts of the bag (the bag ring and the strap ring - do not do this with a fresh manicure) or do the same with a keychain that works as a bag charm. Remember it has to go around BOTH the connector piece on the bag and the connector piece on the strap. Then connect them anyways. It acts as insurance if they disconnect. Here are the ones I used. I took them off my Antigona mini since I’m selling it. View attachment 4343492

The top one is the cheap ring which you almost never notice. It is a pain to put on and take off and you may need a butter knife. The other two are easy to put on but obviously cost a little more. Alternatively you can just connect the two pieces and put clear take to close up one of the straps.
This is such a great idea, the hardware on my medium disconected and until i send her off to get repaired I can use a bag charm to connect them!

It happens all the friggin time. So sick of it. It just happened yesterday while I had it crossbody so it was half hanging off me - again. Nice way to lose your bag. It's a PITA. I adore the bag but the strap is an issue.

Reactions: thundercloud
I sold mine because of the problem. I couldn't take it anymore. Also, the size was just too small. My hand hurt trying to get in and out all the time because the croc embossed was so stiff and wouldn't flex much.

This is the reason why I passed on this bag and got the LV PM instead.

However, I don't love my PM.:hrmm: Given I've only used it 3x, but still contemplating on whether to sell it to get the Antigona mini croc..

Lol I've always had this problem too I thought it was just me! particularly when I'm seated wearing it crossbody and when I get up then I notice it's detached. it is really quite annoying and happens to me pretty frequently like one out of four times but I do really like the bag and its the only flaw so I'm happy to live with it. I do not baby the bag even in the rain and it still looks brand new
That happens to me more often than I'd like on my micro nightingale, since I wear it crossbody 100% of the time. I've even had it slip out of the hardware while I was waiting for tea, and it was perfect timing since I ended up kicking it across the floor when I started walking. LOL. The good thing is my micro nightingale doesn't look worse for wear after any of these bag dropping incidents. It's one of my most durable bags.

I need to try that invisible tape trick! It's such a small section where it can disconnect, but yet it manages to hit just right and fall off way more often than I'd like!

I tried Buttercup118's tip and it WORKED WONDERS! I haven't had the strap problem since. I got the ring in a matching color as my Antigona's hardware. You can't even tell it's there, and I no longer get annoyed by the strap falling off. I suggest giving the key ring a try.
I’d love to see a pic if you have one.

I’d love to see a pic if you have one.

Here you can see my strap had once again disconnected, but I didn't notice since the key ring caught it. The left side was fine and didn't fall off. I re-connected the D-ring in the 3rd picture, although it's not really necessary since I don't notice the difference.

Attachments

• IMG_7922.JPG
    IMG_7922.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7923.JPG
    IMG_7923.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_7924.JPG
    IMG_7924.JPG
    190.2 KB · Views: 72