Prices going up?

LivinLuxuriously said:
I'm sorry to rant - but I'm done with LV - for real this time. Between their ****ty service, quality issues, and constantly sky-rocketting prices for CANVAS bags - I just can't continue to justify this anymore.

I'm moving to Gucci - much more affordable, good customer service, and their LEATHER bags are cheaper than LV's canvas!!!
If you ever plan on selling off your LV to fund your Gucci, make sure you let us know :amuse:

Great.

So this means if my boutique doesn't get enough Damier Speedies in on the 1st (my name's on the list), that those of us who get one after the 1st have to pay more?? :mad: The price goes up right after it comes out? :censor:

When I called for a price confirmation just a few days ago..they made NO mention of an impending price increase! If it's going up, they should have said "The price is such and such at this time but will be such and such after X date".

Bag prices are just getting ridiculous all across the board!! :rant:

i doubt they will raise the prices on the damier speedies with this increase.

with the last price hike in feb., newly released items were not affected. for example the mono zippy wallet, which came out in october, didn't increase. it's still $580. same price as when it first came out.

killerlife said:
i doubt they will raise the prices on the damier speedies with this increase.

with the last price hike in feb., newly released items were not affected. for example the mono zippy wallet, which came out in october, didn't increase. it's still $580. same price as when it first came out.

Thank you..that makes me feel better.

But...price increases three times a year? My salary doesn't go up that often! And it doesn't go up 7%!

Damn this bag obsession of mine! :cry:

at this rate I'm not even going to drop my money on LV....its not even the price hike, I think its more principle. I know the whole Supply and Demand thing but I think they are just abusing there privilige with their consumers. LV being really huge at the moment (especially since the MC and Murakami lines) They've created some horrible bags and put even more ridiculous prices on recent years bags, DONT GET ME WRONG SOME BEAUTIFUL BAGS HAVE COME OUT but doesn't make up for the ridiculous 12000+ dollar price tag .

We have been getting the short end of the stick here in the US. We get double the price hike because we get hit with the usual price increase (global) and the Euro currency exchange rate. I do remember many years ago when the USD had a very favorable exchange rate against the Franc, the price actually decreased a little. Lastly, they tend not to increase the price of the newly released items.

Where are the Gucci prices that low? I've been looking online, and most every bag is over $1,500, and the one leather bag I really like is priced at $1,095 with it being higher on the Gucci site.

In LV's defense, the canvas will last much longer than any of the leather bags out there. The only people I've ever seen carrying a Chanel--for example--many years after they bought it where those that either babied it, or it was actually shoved into the closet most of that time. For a bag that you may want to abuse a bit, leather isn't always the best material.

LivinLuxuriously said:
I'm sorry to rant - but I'm done with LV - for real this time. Between their ****ty service, quality issues, and constantly sky-rocketting prices for CANVAS bags - I just can't continue to justify this anymore.

I'm moving to Gucci - much more affordable, good customer service, and their LEATHER bags are cheaper than LV's canvas!!!

I think they'll blame the increase on the recent rise of the Euro, but if you look at where the Dollar has been, the Euro is only going back up to where it was. LV is doing this because they can, and it's what infuriated me so much with Kooba, Chloe, Chanel, BV and others.

sw0pp said:
If it's only due to currency fluctuation prices in Europe will remain the same or am I wrong?

What upsets me is that when you complain about the price increase to the SA they go, "if you're spending $800 on a bag, what's another $30?" but, they have their increases 2-4 (i can't remember) times a year, so that adds up, and also, $30 isn't a lot, but it's the prinicple. They havn't changed the way they're making the bags, or added gold or anything.

All i know is, if i ever get a 3rd LV, it will be ebay. But, with my bad experiences with h/e things, i may just stick with mid end stuff now.

stupid money grubbing lv execs. :mad:

Ammietwist said:
I used to sell Chanel, and they have some of the worst sunglasses on the market. They got returned A LOT because of quality issues.

YUP - one of the crystals fell out of my sunglasses which were bought about 8 months ago. But when I brought them to Chanel, what did they do? They gave me a brand new pair. What would LV do? They'd tell you it's "normal wear and tear" and send you on your way.

Difference between LV and Chanel.

Ammietwist said:
In LV's defense, the canvas will last much longer than any of the leather bags out there. .

You think so? I dabble in LV resale, and I've seen 5 year old speedies with cracked canvas up the wazoo, down the middle, all along the canvas by the zipper. My boyfriends wallet is a year old and the canvas is cracked down the bifold bend. I've seen speedies under 2 years old with cracked corners. Canvas dries out easily, and it cracks.