Pond Patent Ergo......Our Honest Opinions.

I like the pond patent color, but I can't wear the ergo totes (they don't stay on my shoulder) and I already have a hobo (and I don't like multiple bags in the same style)...so it's not for me. But I like the way that other people rock it!

I've only seen it through pics on this site but I think it's so pretty! I think I'd prefer it to my turquoise ergo as it's not so bright! Love the tote style, too. I had planned on getting one (was seriously going to call JAX) but got my fish coin purse and now I'm content... till the Heritage Satchel comes out in Pink!

It's ok - for someone else though, wouldn't go with much in my wardrobe, I prefer deeper colors. And if we're being honest, I don't care for it at all in the patent but that's just me, I am not much of a patent fan in any color. I certainly don't want to take away from anyone else's enjoyment, that doesn't mean I can't be thrilled for someone else that has it because they love it!

Linda

I too ordered the blue patent leather ergo tote, just sight unseen from the catalog and I was delighted that there was a pretty legacy lining. I had never had patent bag so I was not so sure about the patent, but I liked the soft color blue. It goes with alot I think. I do like that color with jeans, brown, pink, berry or yellow and also white of course. That is probably because I do live in Florida, and anything springy goes here. My SA tied a blue tattersall scarf on it , paying no attentin to the legacy lining and a white and yellow keyfob with a ladybug in the center. It looked absolutely adorable. Since it is a credit and expensive, I will hang on to it until i see something Ergo pleated in leather or if there is a bag in signature coming out with a bright pink patent handle and pink patent corners with khacki signature. They have it is a jewelry case lined with suede with a legacy type turnlock. I love pink. I hope that come in. It was in the system and disappeared. That is a very cute pink bag. But the pond is cute and soft looking with the colors I like for me. We all have very different opinions on this bag. I bet, it will sell out when it hits the stores if it even does that at all. They did not make that many in the tote or the hobo. I guess mixed emotions on this one for sure.

I fell in love with the pond patent leather Ergo hobo when I saw the new catalog photos that Mommyville was kind enough to post for us. After hearing from a few TPF members that the color is more of a grey blue I was a bit disappointed but decided to place an order for the bag with local Coach store last night. Per my SA, the pond patent leather color is a bit similar to the patent leather trim/strap color of the khaki/pale blue signature reversible tote. The hobo is due to arrive next Tuesday or Wednesday so I'lll just have to wait and see how the color strikes me in person.

I love all shades of blue..but I would need to see the Pond Patent irl to decide what I really think of the color. I don't think I have ever owned a patent purse...
I prefer soft leather but I am open to change if it cathes my eye.
The summers here are long and the color sounds like it would go with my summer lifestyle... but I still want to see it irl.
Carley

I also ordered the hobo we will see I have a backup to exchange for if I dont like it. I firgure I would not get to see her IRL if I didnt order her because i know my stores wont get her if shes only going to select stores or so they say!

I firgure I would not get to see her IRL if I didnt order her because i know my stores wont get her if shes only going to select stores or so they say!

Mary, that was my reasoning as well. As of this morning, there were only 59 of the pond patent leather Ergo hobos in stock at the Coach warehouse (JAX). Per my Coach SA, both the Ergo hobo and tote in the pond color were going to be made available in a limited number.

I think the new pond blue patent color is pretty a very "usable" shade of blue that will almost act as a neutral. The color reports for Spring/Summer '08 are for vibrant tones and this subtle blue grey will work well with cool and neutral colors. It reminds me more of icy Aquamarine rather than the haircolor of an elderly woman!

I completely agree, i think it's very stylish, as patent is still going strong for spring, and will compliment all the 70's bold patterns and bright colors coming out. According to the Style Watch in People magazine, "Pale grey and beige will be big handbag colors come spring". I think it just depends on what your style is and what kind of wardrobe you have. if you tend to stick with neutrals in your wardrobe, this bag probably wouldn't do too much for you and you'd be better off with a brighter color.

I plan to get this bag, but I don't necessarily see myself carrying it every day if I'm just wearing a sweatshirt to go to the grocery store or something. i think this will be a bag for when i want to look cute and a little more sophisticated. I am looking forward to updating my spring wardrobe with some bright, fun pieces, and think this bag will be perfect for them!