Books & Music Podcasts - What Are YOU Listening To? (Suggestions?)

Aug 18, 2008
Anyone else love Podcasts that are more like books? I finished Serial a while back and haven't been able to find anything similar that keeps my attention.

My library's app used to have an option where it would read the books to you, but either I've gone through all the audio books or it changed. :tdown:

I'm really open to any and all suggestions at this point! I'd rather listen to these during the work day than Pandora.

Guess I'm the only one?

I've had the same problem since Serial. Here are the podcasts that I usually enjoy: Snap Judgment, Fresh Air, Reveal, Invisibilia, and Mortified. I'll be interested to see the other responses, too. Serial sets the bar pretty high, and its been tough to find something I like as well.

Anyone else love Podcasts that are more like books? I finished Serial a while back and haven't been able to find anything similar that keeps my attention.

My library's app used to have an option where it would read the books to you, but either I've gone through all the audio books or it changed. :tdown:

I'm really open to any and all suggestions at this point! I'd rather listen to these during the work day than Pandora.

I've had the same problem since Serial. Here are the podcasts that I usually enjoy: Snap Judgment, Fresh Air, Reveal, Invisibilia, and Mortified. I'll be interested to see the other responses, too. Serial sets the bar pretty high, and its been tough to find something I like as well.

I should have quoted both of you so you see my reply... Let me know if you guys listen to Undisclosed...

It may also be worth noting that I did try out "True Murder" but I can't remember how it was. I only remembered it because I got a notice saying it stopped downloading since I haven't viewed it recently, haha. Granted, that was the first one I dowloaded after Serial so I may have been ambivalent at the time...

It may also be worth noting that I did try out "True Murder" but I can't remember how it was. I only remembered it because I got a notice saying it stopped downloading since I haven't viewed it recently, haha. Granted, that was the first one I dowloaded after Serial so I may have been ambivalent at the time...

Serial is tough to follow for sure! I've been trying to find some good ones, but have ended up listening to books on Audible instead. However, I am captivated by Undisclosed. I didn't believe Adnan was guilty after listening to Serial, and now I'm questioning it even more... It's so interesting.

Serial is tough to follow for sure! I've been trying to find some good ones, but have ended up listening to books on Audible instead. However, I am captivated by Undisclosed. I didn't believe Adnan was guilty after listening to Serial, and now I'm questioning it even more... It's so interesting.

Undisclosed makes the whole case against Adnan seem like total CRAZY talk, like how is it even possible that everything is just lies lies lies. It's maddening!!

Now that I have a few Undisclosed epis under my belt, I'm more confused than ever too! I texted my brother who has just discovered Serial to see if I'd missed some key points when I listened to that one!

Now that I have a few Undisclosed epis under my belt, I'm more confused than ever too! I texted my brother who has just discovered Serial to see if I'd missed some key points when I listened to that one!

Just wait. It is one twisted story. It's hard to wrap my head around the fact it is about real people and real lives. It's so crazy this has happened and it's not a work of fiction.

Serial is the first podcast I ever experienced. And yes, the bar was set very high. I've listened to a few others, but haven't subscribed to any except Death Sex and Money.

I just discovered Sword & Scale. Very interesting true crime stories.

Reactions: TLeela