Plotting for Paris....which H-bag to bring?

I'm no bloody help, whatsoever, O........I'm just re-reading this thread in the hope I can work out what bag/s I should bring to NY!!!!! LOL!!!!

I'm thinking Kelly - for you AND I....

orchids.. When i go to H.. most of the shoppers are carrying birkins/kellys, its a show off kinda boutique in my opinion!! and if you have a birkin it deosnt mean that u wont get one... absolutely not.. just visit everyday around 2:30 and im sure ull score something.. in the last days i visited FSH.. there was plenty of birkins including 2 ostrich 30cm birkins in the floor waiting for their new owners!!! Its a good timing, its not crowded.

best of luck!!

pinkish, you must be having a ball out there! :wlae: Just a casual question >> what colours were the ostrich birkins? I am very curious what colours Paris is producing this new season.

orchids, I am very excited for you, for your forthcoming trip. You're something with excellent taste and proves time and again to be very discerning in your H choices and purchases. I am sure you will have loads of fun in Paris!

I have not been to Hermes in Paris and cannot share any useful information. I do have a question for the ladies who have been though. Do you think it's necessary to bring the right bag for posturing, KWIM?

Great thread orchids!DH and I are going to Paris in july and I am already starting to think about my packing...I have a serious overpacking issue!LOL! I'm always afraid I'll leave something behind that would have ended up being just right. And I need choices..... lots of them! DH has already started to warn me I've got to be more streamlined in my packing for this trip...I vote for the trim and the kelly only if you don't feel weird about leaving the kelly in your hotel room. I'm planning on taking a 31cm trim although I haven't bought it yet.It's my excuse for a new bag:graucho: As long as it fits everything you need it will be an elegant and comfortable shoulder bag that is secure. Can't wait to hear what the final verdict will be!

GF--I brought a 35cm Birkin and a Lindy with me to NY (I wish I just brought one--such a pain to transport both). Those days I left the Birkin at the hotel, and I'd see a woman walking down the street with hers, I would miss mine and wish I brought it. Kelly would be good, but getting your wallet in and out for taxis may be a pain...but I think that's more for me b/c I'm still learning how to quickly hook the straps.

MrsS--welcome back! thanks for the kind words---and great question! It seems as if the general consensus is that it is better to go more formal then casual over there so perhaps a nicer bag is warranted.

PGN--LOL! I am leaning towards Trim and Kelly, that way I can pack my Trim in the suitcase in case I pick up anything else over there. :graucho:

Birkin 35 for days because it will be chic and hold a cashmere shawl and water, and you can reach in for your camera--then go straight to H when you arrive and buy a JPG Kelly Cluch in croc for evenings and carry it home in your Birkin. Voila.

OK then. That's what I'll do!

What about you, O?

Pampered1, ideally, I'd LOVE to bring a 35cm to Paris, but I'm not sure if I could swing a 35cm with all the walking we plan on doing...a croc JPG Kelly sounds divine, but I am only allowed ONE croc piece right now according to DH and I am hoping to see one in a Kelly. Oooh, maybe a Medor clutch? :graucho: NY was easy b/c I'd walk ten blocks and cab it over to another part of the city. But lugging a Birkin through the Louvre for a coupla hours---I'm not sure if I'm strong enough. :biguns:

GF, still thinking hard. I'm bringing each bag out for a week before I go and see how I like getting in and out of each. Bolide is the first going out for a test drive today....

I'll vote Trim and Kelly. I think both the shoulder options and the ability to close them makes them better choices. The Lindy would have been okay, but it seems to be maybe a little more easy to bump into things and you mentioned that you can reach into it fairly easily: that, coupled with the fact that it would hang BEHIND you, makes it a possible target for pickpockets.

I don't think the Birkins are the best choices: the 35 would be too heavy loaded up for travel and the 30 has everything accessible at the top, even covered up with a shawl or something.......

And I have the feeling SOMETHING will be coming home with you.:whistle:

Ingenue & Wingnut--would love to bring both, but now that safety has been brought up would hesitate to leave one or the other in the hotel room. I could probably stash the Kelly, but the Birkin would be a little tougher. Wingnut, how on earth did you manage to squeeze TWO Birkins into the Pliages? 30cms I hope!

Actually :sweatdrop:, they were both 35s. The kelly 32 AND my mother's bag (she had no room!) were in the wheelie. This was all so I could have them checked coming into the US in case I had to pay duty, although I lucked out and didn't charge me anything even tho I declared (and the original went-with-me bags were in my hand-carry for protection).

As for taking 2 bags due to security...that's a good point...in that case, I'd take the Kelly, or a Birkin and a pochette and keep it inside it....

I would bring just 1 bag, and it would be the 37 Bolide, as I think it has the potential to be dressed up or down, is big enough to be practical, will be noticed by folks at H when you are there but under the radar otherwise, and has the shoulder strap option. When I travel, I just want as few things to worry about as possible.
If you take 2, I'd add the 28 Kelly.
Good luck and enjoy!! You MUST come back with something from FSH! :smile:

What a nice dilemna, Orchids. Have you figured it out yet? By the way, wouldn't the Lindy be completely safe if you zipped it and closed the straps and kept the opening towards your body?