Please tell me I didn't screw up! Pewter Metallic Classique

susan-eric said:
I sent the seller photos of the bales and buckles and rivet notches from some of my other bags for comparisons and also asked him to check if the o-ring was soldered before even sending it out. He emailed back and says everything checks out, so if so, I'm going to be very happy!

Great! That's good news...and the fact that the seller is responsive and communicative is a very very good sign! Congrats! That was a steal!:yes:

it looks good to me, and i'm a former pewter classique owner! the color is extremely hard to photograph accurately, so sometimes real ones can appear a little off, but this one checks out.

susan-eric said:
I sent the seller photos of the bales and buckles and rivet notches from some of my other bags for comparisons and also asked him to check if the o-ring was soldered before even sending it out. He emailed back and says everything checks out, so if so, I'm going to be very happy!

YAY! So happy for you! Congrats! What a wonderful deal you got!

Susan just make sure you use your credit card if using paypal. Paypal just revised its buyer protection plan and the best way IMO to get a refund (if necessary) is by using a CC. That way if you have any probs you can do a chargeback.

Yes--I ALWAYS use my credit card--unless the terms of sale say they don't accept one--and then I rarely will buy anything, unless it's a small thing--what changes did they make? I should've probably read more of my emails...

I just know the policy was revised 5/18. After hearing some of the probs some gals here have been having I decided to read all of the buyer protection terms. If you do an instant bank transfer and a shady seller pulls the cash out right away you may only get a max of 175 back from ebay. Paypal does say that a recovery is not guaranteed. The $1000 protection plan ONLY applies if sellers meet all the criteria (and it's a lot of criteria!), and I think it's very easy to buy something that may not be covered. https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_pbp-outside

It looks good to me :smile: You got a fantastic deal! The pewter from 2005 has an almost rose sheen to it in certain light, so that may be why someone said it looks bronzey. Congrats on a beautiful bag :heart: